Keele Gospel Choir finalists on BBC Songs of Praise Gospel Choir of the Year
Keele University Gospel Choir (KUGC) has made it to the final of the BBC Songs of Praise Gospel Choir of the Year 2018 competition.
The BBC Songs of Praise Gospel Choir of the Year competition seeks to find the best amateur Gospel Choir in the UK. The KUGC society was selected for the televised finals after the committee entered the choir into the competition this summer. KUGC was one of five leading amateur choirs to participate in the final, including Shalom Chorale, C3 Vocals, IDMC, and Spring Into Soul.
Society President, Peace Eniola, said:
“When I entered the choir, I did not expect to get in to the finals because I knew we would be competing with choirs from around the UK who have been singing together for years. I should have had more faith in the Choir; they are amazing and I am so proud of all we have achieved!”
Filming of the final took place on Saturday 20 October in front of a live audience, creating a festival of singing, worship, and praise. The final is due to be broadcast on BBC Songs of Praise on Sunday 18 November and Sunday 25 November.
“The experience was amazing. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and we’re so glad that we got to play a part in it. There’s a lot in store for Keele University Gospel Choir. We heard some encouraging words from a few members of the Kingdom Choir, who performed at the Royal Wedding, so we look forward to the future!”
- Keele University helps councils take control of climate futures
- International student graduates after becoming integral part of Keele community
- NASA points the James Webb Space Telescope at an exoplanet discovered by Keele
- Kate graduates with first class honours after realising her potential at Keele
- Bentley Motors benefits from Keele digital transformation expertise