Community comments and complaints

We are committed to working closely with the local community to maintain positive relationships, and to contribute to a safe, harmonious and vibrant community.

The University and Students’ Union have developed close working relationships with a range of community organisations, the police, and councils to gain a better understanding of local issues and to reduce instances of anti-social behaviour in the local area. 

However, the University recognises that sometimes there may be concerns, and perhaps subsequent complaints, about Keele students from residents living in the local area. If you are a local resident and would like to report an issue, you may find the following information helpful.  

Anti-social behaviour

If you are affected by anti-social behaviour in the local community, please call the police on their non-emergency telephone number: 101.

Please inform the police that you wish to report anti-social behaviour that you believe is being caused by Keele students, giving specific details such as

  • Who or how many people are involved in the situation
  • A physical description of the people concerned
  • Where the situation is taking place
  • The time the situation started/finished
  • What exactly happened

Where it is confirmed by the police that those involved and responsible are Keele students, the University will be notified and will follow this up/take action as appropriate. 

If the matter is an emergency, please call the police: 999.

Excessive noise

The University has an agreement with the Local Authority Environmental Health team; where a noise complaint is made and it is confirmed that Keele students are responsible, the University will be notified and will follow this up/take action as appropriate.

Contacting Keele University

The University has a central point of contact for the reporting of community-related issues involving its students. If you would like to discuss an issue relating to Keele students, please contact Student Services via: 

On receipt of your email, a member of staff will assess the information you have provided and contact you for further information, if required.