A Practical Introduction to Running Randomised Clinical Trials
Course leaders: Professor Ed Roddy, Professor Mel Holden and Dr Martyn Lewis
19 - 22 November 2024 - virtual course
This 4 day course will improve your knowledge and skills in the design, practical conduct, management and analysis of randomised clinical trials (RCTs). Through a combination of talks and workshop activities, you will be guided through the principles, methodology and practical implementation of RCTs.
- Individuals who are new to clinical trials, embarking on clinical trial research or have some experience of designing and running trials.
- Both clinical researchers (including allied healthcare professionals) and nonclinical researchers (for example trial managers & R&D managers).
- Individuals interested in clinical trials in primary care, at the primary/secondary care interface and in secondary care.
- Evaluate key components of clinical trials (e.g. trial recruitment, randomisation, blinding, data quality)
- Appreciate the value and role of research governance when applied to clinical trials
- Practical experience of protocol development
- Enhance critical appraisal skills of published trials
- Develop data management and analysis skills
- Appreciate the role of health economics and qualitative research in clinical trials
The course is delivered over four days. Each day has a different focus. Over the four days, delegates will work in small groups to apply knowledge gained to develop a protocol for a randomised clinical trial which is presented to the other groups on the final afternoon.
- Day 1: Key principles of randomised clinical trials
- Day 2: Managing randomised clinical trials: key issues from protocol to implementation
- Day 3: Data issues in the implementation and analysis of randomised clinical trials
- Day 4: Qualitative research and presentation of developed RCTs.
For further information, please contact Rachael Heath:
Tel: 01782 732916
You can keep up to date with what is happening by following our social media channels. These channels are also monitored on a daily basis, so feel free to get in touch and we'll be sure to get back to you.