Journal Article Inter-Library Request (PDF form)
The journal article inter-library request service is available to NHS members of the Health Library and staff, students and researchers at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Keele University. Complete the PDF form and hand-in at the Health Library counter.
Before you complete the request form, please follow these instructions carefully, or there may be a delay in fulfilling your request.
1. Check the library resources to ensure that the journal article you need is not already available:
2. Enter as much information as you can about the journal article you require. The more information you supply us with, the quicker we can complete your request.
3. Ensure that you complete all compulsory fields as the form cannot be submitted without them.
4. If submitting a substantial batch of requests, be aware that we will only process 5 requests a day.
5. Copyright Note: Due to copyright restrictions, we can not supply you with your requested article unless you have completed and dated the copyright declaration indicating that you agree to ALL the copyright statements. For any requests where the copyright declaration has not been completed, we will require you to come into the library to complete the declaration before collecting the items.
5. If you want to be notified of the arrival of your request by telephone please remember to include a phone or bleep number, otherwise notifications will be by email.
6. All copyright declarations on request forms must be ticked and dated; and requests paid for before the item can be collected or sent out to you.
7. If your request is urgent please telephone the library or visit the library in person.
There are loan request and renewal charges for this service:
- NHS Users at UHNM or North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare - £2 per loan request
- NHS Users at Staffordshire CCGs or GP Practice - add to organisational account
- Keele Users - £2 per item if available from another NHS library in the Region, £6 if only available from the British Library
- Non-NHS staff working with the NHS - please contact the library directly to see if you are eligible for inter-library loans and the charges
- Where we have valid delivery instructions, articles may be emailed (copyright licences allowing) or posted to you.
- Items sourced from the British Library cannot be emailed.
- Items not yet paid for, or with incorrect delivery instructions, must be collected from the library in person.
- Please note uncollected items will be destroyed 6 weeks after notification that they are available for collection is first sent, but may still be charged for.
Print this form, enter all the relevant details and send it to the Health Library ILL team. You will be contacted when your item is ready for collection.