Book Inter-Library Loan Request (PDF form)
The book inter-library loan service is available to NHS members of the Health Library and staff ,students and researchers at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Keele University. Complete the PDF form and hand-in at the Health Library counter.
Before you complete the request form, please follow these instructions carefully, or there may be a delay in fulfilling your request.
1. Check the library resources to ensure that the book you need is not already available:
2. Enter as much information as you can about the book you require. The more information you supply us with, the quicker we can complete your request.
3. Ensure that you complete all compulsory fields as the form cannot be submitted without them.
4. Copyright Note: Due to copyright restrictions, we can not supply you with your requested copied sections of printed text unless you have completed and dated the copyright declaration indicating that you agree to ALL the copyright statements. For any requests where the copyright declaration has not been completed, we will require you to come into the library to complete the declaration before collecting the items.
5. If you want to be notified of the arrival of your request by telephone please remember to include a phone or bleep number, otherwise notifications will be by email.
6. All copyright declarations on request forms must be ticked and dated; and requests paid for before the item can be collected or sent out to you.
7. For copies of sections from a printed text: please note uncollected items will be destroyed 6 weeks after notification that they are available for collection is first sent, but may still be charged for.
There are loan request and renewal charges for this service:
- NHS Users at UHNM or North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare - £2 per loan request
- NHS Users at Staffordshire CCGs or GP Practice - add to organisational account
- Keele Users - £10 per loan request
- Non-NHS staff working with the NHS - please contact the library directly to see if you are eligible for inter-library loans and the charges
- Renewal charges may vary depending where the loan is sourced from
- All book inter-library loans must be collected from the library in person.
- Copies of sections from printed text, where we have valid delivery instructions may be emailed (copyright licences allowing) or posted to you. We may contact you to clarify delivery details.
- Copies of sections from printed text, when sourced from the British Library cannot be emailed.
- Copies of sections from printed text not yet paid for, or with incorrect delivery instructions, must be collected from the library in person.
Print this form, enter all the relevant details and send it to the Health Library ILL team. You will be contacted when your item is ready for collection.