Explore this Section
- Undergraduate Course List 2018
- Open Days and Offer Holder Days
- Order a Prospectus
- Entry Requirements
- How to Apply
- Tuition Fees
- Student Life
- Study Abroad
- Student Support Services
- Student Funding
- Information for Parents and Guardians
- Information for International applicants
- About the Area
- Additional Costs
- Contact Us
- / Undergraduate Study /
- Undergraduate Course List 2018 /
- Pharmaceutical Science, Technology and Business
Pharmaceutical Science, Technology and Business
The Pharmaceutical Science, Technology and Business course is varied; you could go from exploring genetics, molecular biology and stereochemistry to learning about business development and even learning a language.
UCAS code: 1B11
School of Pharmacy
At Keele we pride ourselves on the applicability of our degrees to the work environment graduates are entering into. The course structure and ethos have been designed to ensure that you will hit the ground running, giving you the subject and industry knowledge and transferable skills so that you can make an immediate contribution to your employer or indeed your own company.
This course covers the main aspects of pharmaceutical discovery and development, product formulation, manufacture and quality assurance assessment, and explains how such pure and applied sciences fit into global business, legal and regulatory frameworks. This includes elements of clinical development and the role of the pharmaceutical scientist within the industry team that take a drug from research to the clinic.
What will this mean for my future?
We aim to ensure that you leave with a significant awareness of how to operate in the Pharmaceutical industry and understand the contribution of each function, within the industry, to bringing a new molecule from research to the market. This course will also provide management, training, significant detail and awareness of the strategic partnering and business development skills essential for this environment.
- Essential Topics in Pharmaceutical Science
- Core Topics in Pharmaceutical Science
- Language Module
- The Business of Drug Discovery
- Applications of Pharmaceutical Science
- Pharmaceutical Business Development
- Pharmaceutical Science Research Project
- Current developments in Pharmaceutical Science
- Advanced Topics in Pharmacology and Pharmaceuticals
- The Pharmaceutical Industry at the Cutting Edge