Explore this Section
- Undergraduate Course List 2018
- Open Days and Offer Holder Days
- Order a Prospectus
- Entry Requirements
- How to Apply
- Tuition Fees
- Student Life
- Study Abroad
- Student Support Services
- Student Funding
- Information for Parents and Guardians
- Information for International applicants
- About the Area
- Additional Costs
- Contact Us
Environment and Sustainability
This course crosses the traditional divide between the natural and social sciences, providing the necessary holistic perspective to understand environment and sustainability issues, and to develop strategies to work towards a more sustainable future.
UCAS code: FD84
School of Geography, Geology and the Environment
For society to tackle the environmental and sustainability problems we now face, we need people who can grapple with both the scientific and human aspects of those issues. That’s why this innovative course is taught across three different faculties, integrating a range of disciplines including the geo and environmental sciences, life sciences, chemical sciences, politics and international relations, management, and health amongst others.
There is a strong emphasis on the development and application of skills, including practical fieldwork and engagement with professionals working in the environment and sustainability sector through work placement opportunities. This course is accredited by the Institution of Environmental Sciences (IES), meaning students can gain free membership of the IES to support their personal and professional development in the environmental sector.
What will this mean for my future?
Keele’s Environment and Sustainability programme is a leader in its field in the UK, offering an exciting way to look at a subject of major relevance to today’s society and to put it into different global contexts.
Graduates in Environment and Sustainability might go on to further study, or enter careers in a wide range of disciplines and organisations – perhaps in business or industry where sustainability concerns are becoming ever more part of core business, or with a non-governmental organisation; charity; local, regional or central government; environmental consultancy; or an environmental regulatory body.
- Introduction to Environment and Sustainability
- Introductory Geology for the Environmental Sciences
- Ecology and Environment • The Politics of Sustainability
- Greening Business: Employability and Sustainability
- People and the Environment
- Human Impacts on the Environment: Scientific Perspectives
- Work Placement Module
- Research Skills in Environment and Sustainability
- Health and the Environment
- Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility
- Environment and Sustainability Dissertation
- Environment and Sustainability Case Study
- Clean Technology