Three weeks to go
Please ensure all your vaccinations are up to date, including the MenACWY vaccination for first-time university entrants from the UK.
If you need specific vaccines for your course, please contact your school if you have any questions.
Find out more about arranging vaccinations and healthcare on our Welcome web pages.
If you'll be moving to Keele or the local area, you will need to register with a local GP surgery. Keele Practice is located on campus. Please complete online pre-registration with the Practice in plenty of time.
Find out more about Keele Practice and details of how to pre-register on the Keele Practice website.
The University has a presence on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more – so make sure you give us a follow to stay up to date with opportunities you can get involved with as a Keele student!
There's also the Students’ Union Freshers group on Facebook - this page posts about the latest events and is a great way to meet others on your course or living in halls!
Check out our what we provide/what to bring page.
You can order bedding, kitchen, bathroom kits and more, plus save 10% with discount code KEELE10 if you decide to order anything through UniKitOut.
The Great Donate is a student-led scheme and will be around during Welcome Week with stalls in front of the Students’ Union selling used, but in good condition, pots, pans, plates, cutlery, stationary, clothes hangers etc.
It's green, it's cheap, it raises funds for student sustainability projects - and it's one less thing to bring with you!
Find out more about The Great Donate on Facebook.
Keeping browsing these Welcome web pages! They will help you to understand what you'll need to do before you arrive and help you to plan your Welcome experience.
We've prepared lots of helpful resources within our induction module to help you prepare for life as a Keele student. You can begin the process at keele.ac.uk/induction and continue it at the Keele Learning Environment (KLE).
If you haven't already, you should download the Keele App onto your smartphone or tablet device. The Keele App has lots of useful features which become available once you log in. You can:
- View your timetable for academic lessons
- Register attendance and absence for taught sessions
- See upcoming events and activities
- Access campus maps
- Find useful information about services and facilities on campus
- Check PC availability
- Check laundry machine availability if you live on campus
- View your library account
- Find contact details for key teams across the University
- Find answers to your questions in the Self-Service Portal
You can find the official Keele App on both Apple and Android app stores. If you don't have a smartphone or tablet which you can download the app onto, don't worry! You can also access the app in a web browser on either a personal laptop or computer, or on one of our on-campus PCs - just go to app.keele.ac.uk!
Your Keele Card is not only your student ID - did you know that you can use it to pay for things on campus, and get discounts in the process? You can top it up before you get here so that you're ready to use it across campus, or your family can even top it up on your behalf. Find out more here.
We’re here to help if you ever feel like you need guidance or support, personally or academically.
It's completely natural to feel a bit overwhelmed during your first few weeks of university, and don't be worried if it takes you some time to adjust. It's always good to talk to someone, and we have plenty of support options at Keele, including our mental health and counselling service during the day, and out of hours support too.
If you’re an international student and will be living on campus, make sure you have completed all the necessary steps before you travel to the UK.
Remember to place the following items into your hand luggage:
- Visa and home office decision letter (if required)
- Travel documents (flight tickets if you need to print them)
- Evidence of your finances
- Cash in British pound sterling / internationally accepted bank card - please note that it can take some time for your new UK bank account to become operational.
- Keele University CAS statement and/or Keele Offer Letter
- Original qualification documents as listed on your CAS statement
- Accommodation Boarding Pass, so that you can collect your on-campus room key
- Health certificates (if required)
- Medication and an accompanying letter from your doctor (if required)
Please also make sure you have arranged the following:
- Travel insurance
- Medical insurance and vaccinations
Please remember that we offer new international students a free airport transfer Meet & Greet Service to campus - find out more about it here.
Make sure you have downloaded the Keele App onto your device, or are accessing it regularly via a web browser - just go to app.keele.ac.uk - to view events taking place as part of our Welcome Festival, which will added to the calendar in the What's On section of the app.