Networks and support for staff and students
As part of the University's commitment to making Keele a place where learning, living and working is a positive experience for all, we have following networks and support available via Human Resources and Student Services policies and practice:
Staff Network Purpose
To provide a safe and supportive network working towards realising and developing equality for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff (BAME), lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender queer/ questioning and intersex (LGBTQI+) staff, staff with a disability, and parents and carers (and others who may identify with these umbrella terms), within Keele University.
Terms of Reference
The following terms of reference will apply to all Keele University staff networks:
The networks and forums are intended to:
- Help provide a forum for staff to formulate, advise and feedback on University initiatives that encourage engagement and representation of BAME, LGBTQI+, disabled people, International Staff and parents and carers in all aspects of University life.
- Share ideas about the University policies and strategies that might impact upon staff.
- Provide a safe and supportive networking opportunity for staff to meet across the University.
- The LGBTQI+ network will provide advice to any member of staff regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- The BAME network is for staff who identify as having Black, Asian or minority ethnicities. Advice is also available to other members of staff regardless of ethnicity on request.
- The Disability & Accessibility staff network consists of a confidential and supportive space for sharing experiences, networking, discussing work-related issues and providing feedback on challenges that affect the Keele community.
- The International staff network consists of a confidential networking space to provide peer support and to advise and provide feedback on University issues.
- The networks are open to staff interested in supporting the specific equality agenda of the given network, regardless of grade, job family or contract length. Where possible, staff will be given time to attend meetings during work hours.
- If you would like to become a network member please contact the equalities team.