☰ Explore this Section
Explore this Section
- In the most recent national Research Excellence Framework (2014), 97% of our research was classified as world leading, or of international importance.
- All Keele subjects improve in research performance
- World leading research impact in 10 disciplines
- No.1 for research impact in Health
- No.1 for research impact in History, Politics and Philosophy
- In 2012/13 Keele’s research grant income was £13.4 million, which has seen year-on-year growth.
- 1st in the 2014 National Student Survey of UK universities for overall student satisfaction with an exceptionally high score of 93%.
- 6th in the UK for high quality staff and lectures in the Times Higher Student Experience Survey 2013.
- rated a top Student Union for a variety of activities (‘Which?’ University 2014).
- We are ranked 6th place in The Daily Telegraph’s ‘Britain’s most beautiful universities’ guide.
- There are over 3,000 bedrooms on campus and we have one of the highest proportions of student rooms owned and managed by a university.
- We are the safest campus in the West Midlands in the BBC news league tables for crime rates.
- The University’s Dignity and Respect initiative was shortlisted for by the Guardian University Awards 2014.
- We are in contact with more than 45,000 alumni living in over 100 countries.
- Keele has been placed amongst the world’s top universities in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2013, positioned in the top 2% (based on approximately 10,000 institutions recognised by UNESCO)
- We were voted in the top 10 of Britain's most intellectually stimulating universities by the Telegraph (October 2012).
- Our average UCAS tariff score in 2014 was 380.
- Keele is 40th in the prestigious Sunday Times University League Table 2014 for UK universities, 43rd in the Complete University Guide, and 41st in the Guardian University Guide
- 91% employability of graduates for 2013 in the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) graduate employment table.
- In the last 10 years alone, we have invested over £115 million in our campus and infrastructure.
- The Student' Union and centre of campus has recently undergone a £2.7 million transformation, the centre piece being the Forest of Light - a walk-through installation designed to commemorate our 50th anniversary.
- The University has a 70 acre development site for its Science and Innovation Park and current hosts 40 companies employing over 600 people on existing Science and Business Park.
- We were one of the first HE institutions to be awarded the Carbon Trust Standard.
- In 2014, the University was awarded the Athena Swan Bronze Award.