Explore this Section
Explore this Section
- In the most recent national Research Excellence Framework (2014), 97% of our research was classified as world leading, or of international importance.
- All Keele subjects improve in research performance
- World leading research impact in 10 disciplines
- No.1 for research impact in Health
- No.1 for research impact in History, Politics and Philosophy
- As a Keele student you will taught by staff at the forefront of their discipline. In their research our academic staff develop new ideas and publish new research findings, which they bring to their undergraduate teaching and use to inform course design and module content.
- In 2012/13 Keele’s research grant income was £13.4 million, which has seen year-on-year growth.
- Keele was ranked 1st in the 2014 National Student Survey of UK universities for overall student satisfaction with an exceptionally high score of 93%. Feedback from Keele students found them to be happy with the quality of their University experience and rated their courses as intellectually stimulating, with the staff good at explaining things and enthusiastic about what they are teaching.
- 4th in the UK for high quality staff and lectures, 1st for our library and library opening hours, in the Times Higher Student Experience Survey 2015.
- Rated top 5 Students' Union for a variety of activities (‘Which?’ University 2014).
- We are ranked 6th place in The Daily Telegraph’s ‘Britain’s most beautiful universities’ guide.
- There are over 3,000 bedrooms on campus and we have one of the highest proportions of student rooms owned and managed by a university.
- As a campus university, we have over 3,000 bedrooms on site, all within a short walk of the centre of campus. We offer affordable, clean and secure accommodation with staff available 24 hours a day to offer support and advice. For off site accommodation, rents in the local area are amongst the most affordable in the country.
- We are the safest campus in the West Midlands in the BBC news league tables for crime rates.
- The University’s Dignity and Respect initiative was shortlisted for by the Guardian University Awards 2014.
- We are in contact with more than 45,000 alumni living in over 100 countries.
- Keele has been placed amongst the world’s top universities in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2013-2014, positioned in the top 2% (based on approximately 10,000 institutions recognised by UNESCO)
- We were voted in the top 10 of Britain's most intellectually stimulating universities by the Telegraph (October 2012).
- Our average UCAS tariff score in 2014 was 380.
- Keele is 40th in the prestigious Sunday Times University League Table 2014 for UK universities, 43rd in the Complete University Guide 2015, and 41st in the Guardian University Guide
- 96% of students who graduated in 2014 found employment or continued on to further study within six months (Source: Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education 2015 as compiled by the Higher Education Statistics Agency).
- In the last 10 years alone, we have invested over £115 million in our campus and infrastructure.
- The Student' Union and centre of campus has recently undergone a £2.7 million transformation, the centrepiece being the Forest of Light - a walk-through installation designed to commemorate our 50th anniversary.
- The University has a 70 acre development site for its Science and Innovation Park and current hosts 40 companies employing over 600 people on existing Science and Business Park.
- We were one of the first HE institutions to be awarded the Carbon Trust Standard.
- In 2014, the University was awarded the Athena Swan Bronze Award.