Welfare and wellbeing
Explore this Section
Nutrition & Exercise
Food can affect how you feel and think, it can influence alertness and the ability to concentrate.
- Eat little and often (3 meals a day and 2 healthy snacks)
- Have your 5 fruit & veg a day
- Keep a bottle of water with you (you will find yourself drinking it without noticing)
- Eat more fish - at least 2 portions of fish a week
- Eat potatoes with their skins on - more fibre
- Avoid caffeine - can cause anxiety or make it worse
Exercising can help keep you calm, increase the rate of blood flow around your body, and to the brain as well. This can really help you to think more clearly, and to learn better, not to mention the health benefits!
- Aim to do 30 mins of exercise 5 times a week
- Make an exercise schedule to fit around your plans
- Try different sports/exercise to see what you enjoy - if you enjoy it you are more likely to stick to it
- Clean your house/car in a speedy fashion - it's good exercise and having a clean can improve your mental health
- Get a friend to exercise with you - you can encourage eachother