Facts and figures
We’re proud to be joint No.1 in England for course satisfaction in the Guardian University League Table 2019, in addition to being consistently ranked in the top three in the National Student Survey (NSS), of broad-based universities in England.
What ranking is Keele University?
In the 2020 Guardian University League Table, Keele University was ranked joint No.2 in England for Student Satisfaction with Course. Furthermore, Keele was ranked No.1 in England for overall student satisfaction in the 2018 National Student Survey (NSS) of broad-based public universities.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017: Gold Award
Based on the evidence available, the TEF panel judged that Keele delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students and therefore awarded the University Gold status. This is of the highest quality found in the UK - furthermore, in a separate analysis of the results by Times Higher Education (2017) we're ranked in the TEF UK Top 5.
Guardian University League Table 2021
- Keele is ranked 35th place overall
- Ranked No.2 in England for both Radiography and Physiotherapy, and No.4 for Medicine behind Oxford, Cambridge and Brighton Sussex Medical School
- Top 10 in England for Geography, and Top 20 for Nursing & Midwifery, Pharmacy, and Neuroscience
- Top 10 in England for Student Satisfaction for Course
Times Good University Guide 2020
- Keele is ranked in the UK Top 50 overall
- Keele is ranked in the Top 10 for Student Experience
The Complete University Guide 2021
- In the Top 10 for Forensic Science and Education, in England
- Keele is ranked 56nd overall
National Student Survey
- Consistently ranked in the top three in England for student satisfaction (of broad-based universities), NSS 2014-2019
- No.1 for Children's Nursing, Midwifery, Business Studies, and Media and Film Studies (NSS, 2020)
- No.1 for Chemistry and Human Geography (NSS, 2019)
- Top 10 for Adult Nursing, Medicine, Pharmacy, Business Studies, Molecular Biology, and Finance (NSS, 2019)
- Top 10 for our Students' Union (NSS, 2019)
Combined TEF & REF League Table
- Keele is ranked in the UK Top 10
- Analysis by Lancaster University and published in Times Higher Education, March 2018
This has come down to six finalists whose focus during 2018-19 varied significantly, but whose work was – and continues to be – of the very highest order. This group has set a series of incredibly high bars for the whole UK sector to analyse, admire and emulate.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
- Keele is ranked in the Global Top 600
- In the 2021 Times Higher Education World University rankings, Keele University has been ranked in the Top 150 for Psychology, Top 250 for Social Sciences, and Education subjects.
- The University has also seven subject areas featured in the rankings overall, including Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Arts and Humanities, and Clinical and Health.
Times Higher Education Europe Teaching Rankings 2019
- Keele University is ranked in the top 100 in Europe
Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2021
- Keele has placed firmly in the Top 100 out of more than 1,000 leading universities worldwide in a prestigious global league table that ranks universities’ global impact.
Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018
- Joint top for 'Good library and library opening hours' specific metric
- Joint 7th for 'Good students’ union' specific metric
Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2019
- Keele has been ranked in the UK Top 3 universities for business and administrative courses
Postgraduate Research Experience Survey 2019
- Keele has been ranked among the UK Top 10 universities for the research opportunities offered to postgraduate students
Research Excellence Framework 2014
- 97% of our research was classified as world leading, or of international importance
- World-leading research impact in 10 disciplines
- 100% score for 4* & 3* impact in History, Politics, Allied Health Professions, and Philosophy
HESA - Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education 2017
- 96% of our graduates were in a job or further study six months following graduation
Times Higher Education 'Golden Age' Universities 2019
- Keele ranked in Global Top 100
UI Green Metric Rankings 2020
For the fifth consecutive year, Keele has placed in the Top 40 in the UI GreenMetric World Rankings, securing 37th place out of 912 universities with a commitment to sustainability that entered from around the world.
- Keele also ranked seventh overall out of all UK institutions, and featured in the UK Top 10 across all six assessment criteria, covering Setting and Infrastructure; Energy and Climate Change; Waste; Water; Transportation; and Education and Research.
CWUR World University Rankings 2018/19
- Keele University ranks 714 out of eighteen thousand universities worldwide
Which? University Student Survey
Keele was rated highly for job readiness in the 2018 survey
Other Facts & figures
- Top 5 most beautiful universities in the UK (Times Higher Education, 2018
- With over 600 acres, we have the largest single-site campus in the UK
- There are over 3,000 student bedrooms on campus, and more than 300 staff homes
- We have a global network of more than 100,000 alumni in over 100 countries
- In the last 10 years, we have invested over £140 million in our campus and infrastructure
- The University is home to a 70-acre development site for its Science and Innovation Park, hosting over 40 companies that employ over 600 people
- We’ve invested £45 million in our science facilities on campus
- We were ranked No. 1 in the UK for affordability in 2016 (Marbles.com)
- The Telegraph also ranks us as one of the top 10 'most beautiful universities' in Britain
Facts and Figures
Top 3 in England for overall Student Satisfaction NSS 2019 (broad-based universities)
GOLD in the Teaching Excellence Framework Also Top 5 in the UK (THE ranking, broad-based universities)
96% graduate employability HESA - Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education 2017
Joint 1st in England for student satisfaction with course Guardian University League Table, 2019
1st for affordability Marbles.com, 2016
600+ acres Britain's biggest single-site campus
Global top 25 for campus sustainability UI Green Metric ranking, 2020