Senior Leader Apprenticeship
The Senior Leader Apprenticeship at Keele University is designed to equip managers for the challenges of the modern workplace. Keele University still deliver the Senior Leader Apprenticeship via the MBA (fully mapped to the apprenticeship standard) as we recognise the value the qualification has to individuals and employers.
Duration: 2 years.
Qualification: Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Application: We typically require applications 8 weeks before programme starts.
Ofsted: 'Good' Ofsted rating for Apprenticeships at Keele University in Full Inspection, June 2023.
The Senior Leader Apprenticeship (delivered by MBA) is designed for professional leaders with senior management authority and is fully mapped to the apprenticeship standard.
- The programme offers the chance to develop advanced business knowledge to impact your career and organisation strategically, through focused study and implementation.
- The apprenticeship is taught in the context of real-world practice, through in-depth modules and learning.
- The programme has a diverse range of modules from Marketing to HR, to ensure participants have the necessary skills and learning to lead confidently in various aspects of business.
The hybrid programme consists of learning that is relevant and can be directly implemented into organisations.
Examples of indicative modules include.
- Leading in a complex world.
- Strategy in a dynamic world.
- Creativity, innovation and quality.
- Financial decision making.
- Strategic marketing in a global context.
- People, work and organisation's human resource management.
- Digital transformation and the digital organisation.
- Creating sustainable value through operations.
- Research methods.
- Extensive company project.
To complete an apprenticeship, you must be employed in an organisation with your employer's support. We typically require apprentice applications 8 weeks before programme starts and by undertaking an apprenticeship, you commit to completing the End Point Assessment (EPA).
The Senior Leader Apprenticeship typically requires.
- At least 3 years relevant work experience prior to starting the programme.
- Typically hold a 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent) where candidates can demonstrate significant experience, formal qualifications may be waived.
- GCSE Maths and English, Grade C (4) or equivalent.
We will work in partnership with you to ensure you are supported throughout the apprenticeship process.
- Our Business Engagement Manager will provide tailored support and offer guidance on applying for an apprenticeship at Keele University, direction on eligibility and contracting, or any other questions you may have.
- This relationship does not stop once you start an apprenticeship at Keele University. We also have dedicated Work-Based Learning Officers to guide you through the apprenticeship when you are studying on one of our programmes.
- We offer a personalised approach to apprentices, ensuring you have the assistance you need from Keele University as your Training Provider, every step of the way.
Apprenticeships are paid for by employers, not apprentices.
- Employers with a payroll of more than £3 million can typically use their apprenticeship levy contributions to pay for places on apprenticeship programmes.
- Any business with a payroll below £3 million is usually eligible for government funding that will cover at least 95% of the cost of an apprenticeship course.
Additional incentives are also available to employers based on differing circumstances.
Contact us to find out more...
"The Senior Leader Apprenticeship has had a massive impact on my business. Each module I study, I go into the office and get my team involved in the learning to understand how this affects the company. The marketing module made us realise we had never considered who our target market was before..."
Why Keele University?
Keele University is proud to offer a variety of apprenticeships across different sectors and specialisms. We provide a personalised approach to apprenticeships and have an evolving programme portfolio, based on employer needs through consultation.