Students, the University is aware that many of you have concerns about COVID-19, specifically its possible impact on your postgraduate research degree programme.
We have prepared a list of questions and answers that may arise during this unsettled period and they have been published here.
The hope is this will address concerns some of you may have regarding:
- Progress reviews
- Viva arrangements
- Training and research activities
- International student registers and more
Other information such as IT support and how to access your files remotely etc, can be found on the main student coronvirus pages here.
If you are worried, struggling financially or have concerns of a more personal nature, our student support team are still here to help you: please visit https://www.keele.ac.uk/students/studentservices/
Isolation measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 means that social researchers who conduct face-to-face fieldwork (interviews, focus groups, participant observation, ethnographies etc) are now faced with the challenge of either delaying or re-inventing their methods so that they can continue their research until these measures are relaxed.
- Photo/Video/Voice Elicitation
- Re-enactment Videos
- Using Wearable Cameras (and other first-person perspective tech)
- Epistolary Interviews
- Online Discussion Platforms
- Cultural/Mobile Probes
- The Story Completion Method
- App-based Methods
- Using Google/Microsoft Forms for Data Collection
- Netnography/Virtual Methods
- Digital Methods and Quali-Quant analysis
- Using YouTube (and Online Video) for (Teaching) Observational Studies
- Experimenting with Online Live Action Role Play (O-LARPs)
- Using YouTube for observational studies
To view click below:
Mindfulness for your everyday life. Stress less. move more. Sleep soundly. Free trial available.
Beautiful and immersive ambience from around the world, designed to improve focus, sleep and relaxation. Free trial available.
A friendly app to guide people through meditations for mindfulness and compassion. Free trial available.
Non-for-profit web and app based meditation program to bring mindfulness into your life.