Senior People Professional Apprenticeship
The Senior People Professional Apprenticeship at Keele University is designed to enhance HR experience and knowledge, enabling participants to maximise the potential of their organisation’s people, create effective HR processes and build positive work cultures.
Duration: 2 to 3 years.
Qualification: MSc in Human Resource Management (Senior People Professional).
Application: We typically require applications 8 weeks before programme starts.
Senior Leader & Senior People Professional Apprenticeship Webinar
Tuesday 13 June 2023 at 1:00pm
You are warmly invited to our Senior Leader & Senior People Professional Apprenticeship Webinar. The Microsoft Teams session is designed to answer any questions you may have about our programmes in an informal online setting.
The Senior People Professional Apprenticeship allows participants to draw upon their existing human resources or management experience, providing a supportive environment to develop new skills and knowledge, applicable to their current role and organisation.
The programme is designed to strengthen apprentices people management expertise and enable them to become empowered to succeed within human resource management.
- The apprenticeship is suitable for individuals currently working in any organisation and sector, who wish to progress into a Senior People Professional position.
- It is aimed at individuals who are currently in a management role, seeking to develop their HR experience.
- The apprenticeship is also relevant to individuals looking to progress to a more strategic or management position in their organisation.
The Senior People Professional Apprenticeship focuses on the important areas of human resource management and explores contemporary theories and key debates. Apprentices will examine the management of labour in organisations, explore the skills and behaviours senior managers require, investigate the role of management in organisations, study the employee lifecycle and explore strategic human resource management and leadership.
Examples of indicative modules include.
- Foundations of Human Resource Management.
- Professional Skills and Practice in Human Resource Management.
- People, Work and Organisations.
- Employee Resourcing and Development.
- Employee Relations and Reward.
- Strategic Human Resource Management.
- Leading in a Complex World.
- Workshops in Human Resource Management.
To complete an apprenticeship, you must be employed in an organisation with your employer's support. We typically require apprentice applications 8 weeks before programme starts and by undertaking an apprenticeship, you commit to completing the End Point Assessment (EPA).
The Senior People Professional Apprenticeship typically requires.
- A 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent) or a degree-level professional qualification.
- Professional senior experience (assessed at interview) and applicants should be in a role that supports the gathering of evidence required for the Senior People Professional apprenticeship standard.
- GCSE Maths and English, Grade C (4) or equivalent.
We will work in partnership with you to ensure you are supported throughout the apprenticeship process.
- Our Business Engagement Manager will provide tailored support and offer guidance on applying for an apprenticeship at Keele University, direction on eligibility and contracting, or any other questions you may have.
- This relationship does not stop once you start an apprenticeship at Keele University. We also have dedicated Work-Based Learning Officers to guide you through the apprenticeship when you are studying on one of our programmes.
- We offer a personalised approach to apprentices, ensuring you have the assistance you need from Keele University as your Training Provider, every step of the way.
Why Keele University?
Keele University is proud to offer a variety of apprenticeships across different sectors and specialisms. We provide a personalised approach to apprenticeships and have an evolving programme portfolio, based on employer needs through consultation.