Diagnostic Radiographer Apprenticeship
The Diagnostic Radiographer Apprenticeship at Keele University has a contemporary focus and aims to develop passionate, modern radiographers who have the emotional intelligence to critically and clinically reason using evidence-based practice. The programme has been designed to support the development of essential knowledge, skills and behaviours required by Diagnostic Radiographers registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
Duration: 3 years.
Qualification: BSc (Hons) Radiography (Diagnostic Imaging).
Application: We typically require applications 8 weeks before programme starts.
Ofsted: 'Good' Ofsted rating for Apprenticeships at Keele University in Full Inspection, June 2023.
The UK healthcare sector has a significant shortage of Diagnostic Radiographers and rising demand from employers for highly skilled, qualified professionals. The Diagnostic Radiographer apprenticeship at Keele University is an alternative route into the radiography profession and offers the opportunity to train and upskill the future healthcare workforce.
- The apprenticeship offers a blended approach to education using a mixture of on-the-job learning, online teaching and an in-situ day every six weeks at our specialised Radiography Suite and Image Analysis Digital Health Hub on campus at Keele University.
- The programme has been designed to be flexible around participants needs, workloads and current clinical pressures.
The apprenticeship is focused on applying the subject theory into applicants own clinical practice. Apprentices will develop the ability to reflect on and respond proactively to change, undertaking a range of diagnostic imaging tests whilst maintaining excellent patient and client care.
The learning is a hybrid model of synchronous and asynchronous teaching, with support from lecturers and in-situ days (approximately five a year) on campus at Keele University.
Indicative modules include.
- Axial and Appendicular Anatomy, Image Evaluation and Radiographic Practice.
- Foundations of Research and Radiographic Science.
- Histology and Pathology.
- Imaging Technologies.
- Principles and Research.
- Radiographic Skills and Image Interpretation 2.
- Initial Image Commenting.
- Evidence-based Project.
- Patient Pathways.
- Leadership, Management and Organisation.
- Dedicated Practice Experience modules across all levels of study.
To complete an apprenticeship, you must be employed in an organisation with your employer's support. We typically require apprentice applications 8 weeks before programme starts and by undertaking an apprenticeship, you commit to completing the End Point Assessment (EPA).
The Diagnostic Radiographer Apprenticeship typically requires.
- The apprenticeship has the same eligibility criteria as the traditional route BSc (Hons) Radiography (Diagnostic Imaging).
- Please be assured our Business Engagement Manager will support you through this process.
We will work in partnership with you to ensure you are supported throughout the apprenticeship process.
- Our Business Engagement Manager will provide tailored support and offer guidance on applying for an apprenticeship at Keele University, direction on eligibility and contracting, or any other questions you may have.
- This relationship does not stop once you start an apprenticeship at Keele University. We offer a personalised approach to apprentices, ensuring you have the assistance you need from Keele University as your Training Provider, every step of the way.
Apprenticeships are paid for by employers, not apprentices.
- Employers with a payroll of more than £3 million can typically use their apprenticeship levy contributions to pay for places on apprenticeship programmes.
- Any business with a payroll below £3 million is usually eligible for government funding that will cover at least 95% of the cost of an apprenticeship course.
Additional incentives are also available to employers based on differing circumstances.
Contact us to find out more...
Why Keele University?
Keele University is proud to offer a variety of apprenticeships across different sectors and specialisms. We provide a personalised approach to apprenticeships and have an evolving programme portfolio, based on employer needs through consultation.