Data Scientist Apprenticeship
The Data Scientist Apprenticeship at Keele University is designed to provide extensive, industry relevant expertise in data science, that can be applied directly to organisations in a real-world context.
Duration: 3 years.
Qualification: BSc (Hons) Data Science.
Application: We typically require applications 8 weeks before programme starts.
Data is revolutionising organisations and businesses. Our programme is concentrated on providing the analytical and technical skills to develop Data Science leaders.
- The apprenticeship focuses on the application of analytics and data science, driving the implementation of advanced software.
- Learning is focused on the principles and techniques of modern data science and developing strong technical skills in computing.
- Participants will be taught the knowledge and skills to confidently apply data strategies in their organisation.
The apprenticeship is underpinned with modules that are relevant to organisations, enhancing core skills for Data Scientists such as programming, statistics and maths.
Examples of indicative modules include.
- Data science.
- Statistics and calculus.
- Python programming.
- Data visualisation.
- Software engineering.
- Data analytics.
- Machine learning.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Cloud computing.
To complete an apprenticeship, you must be employed in an organisation with your employer's support. We typically require apprentice applications 8 weeks before programme starts and by undertaking an apprenticeship, you commit to completing the End Point Assessment (EPA).
The Data Scientist Apprenticeship typically requires.
- Three A-levels at grades BBC, or equivalent such as BTEC Nationals.
- GCSE Maths and English, Grade C (4) or equivalent.
We will work in partnership with you to ensure you are supported throughout the apprenticeship process.
- Our Business Engagement Manager will provide tailored support and offer guidance on applying for an apprenticeship at Keele University, direction on eligibility and contracting, or any other questions you may have.
- This relationship does not stop once you start an apprenticeship at Keele University. We also have dedicated Work-Based Learning Officers to guide you through the apprenticeship when you are studying on one of our programmes.
- We offer a personalised approach to apprentices, ensuring you have the assistance you need from Keele University as your Training Provider, every step of the way.
Why Keele University?
Keele University is proud to offer a variety of apprenticeships across different sectors and specialisms. We provide a personalised approach to apprenticeships and have an evolving programme portfolio, based on employer needs through consultation.