Accommodation portal problems help page
Some of the common issues when registering and applying for accommodation on the accommodation portal.
If you are having problems registering an account or applying for accommodation, it may be because:
- you have not accepted your course offer at Keele
- you have only just accepted your course offer at Keele - it can take up to 48 hours for this to enable your accommodation account
- your username is your Keele student number (not your email address)
- the surname you are typing in has to match what we have on your record - eg if you have a double- barrelled surname, check the hyphen and spaces
- if you have accents in your surname this may stop the system recognizing you.
- your password is wrong. You can reset this on the login page by clicking reset password
- You have outstanding accommodation fees to pay for the current academic year
If after checking these you are still experiencing problems contact us.
If you accidently enter your username and/or password 3 times our ‘3 strikes and out’ security feature which will block your access to the portal for 20 minutes. Make sure that you know your password and type it correctly.
We will use your Keele email address except if you are a new student, where we will initially use your personal email address for any correspondence. Please ensure that you do not use your school/college email - this will be de-activated before we send out offers of accommodation.
We will send mailings from firstname.lastname@example.org address. Please set this address as a ‘safe sender’ to avoid losing important information from us into your spam folder.
You may see an application tab for the current and following academic year so please make sure that you apply for the correct academic year.
2022/23 will cover students moving in September 2022 and January 2023
2023/24 will cover students moving in September 2023 and January 2024
If you hope to move in on dates not metioned above please contact the Student Accommodation Team.
On the application form you will be asked to select your preferred room types. Please select these in order of preference and don't select any which you wouldn't be prepared to accept. We cannot guarantee that you'll be offered your choice of accommodation. You should choose 3 different room types.