The Turing scheme provides funding for students to undertake a study or work placement at partner institutions or organisations across the world.
General eligibility criteria for the scheme are:
- All levels of study are eligible- FY, UG, PGT and PGR
- Minimum duration of 28 days (4 weeks) up to a maximum of 336 days (12 months)
- For study mobility, an agreement between the institutions must be in place
- For work mobility, no agreement is needed but any placements would need to be approved by Keele
- Activity should ideally contribute towards the programme of study at Keele but for summer programmes this is not necessary.
Living and Programme Costs
Students will receive a grant towards living or programme costs. This varies depending on the destination country.
For placements lasting between 4-8 weeks:
- To group 1 destinations: £136.25 per week or £163.50 for WP students
- To group 2 and 3 destinations: £120 per week or £147.50 for WP students
For placements lasting over 8 weeks:
- To group 1 destinations: £380 per month or £490 per month for WP students
- To group 2 and 3 destinations: £335 per month or £445 per month for WP students
Further funding is available for students with disabilities to support any adaptations or requirements whilst on mobility.
A list of countries per group can be found on the Turing Country Group webpages.
WP students receive a higher cost of living grant. Students who fall into any one of Keele's WP criteria (including mature students, care leavers, household income of below £25k, first in family, student carers) will receive a higher living grant as listed above.
Support is available to cover direct travel costs for WP students based on the distance between Keele and the host:
- 10 to 99km: £20
- 100 to 499km: £165
- 500 to 1,999km: £250
- 2,000 to 2,999km: £325
- 3,000 to 3,999km: £480
- 4,000 to 4,999km: £745
- 8,000 to 8,999km: £905
- 12,000km+: £1,360