NHSE-SW Specialty Trainees and Specialty Doctors
Keele Clinical Leadership and Management Course for NHSE-SW Specialty Trainees and Specialty Doctors
Our course focuses on
- examining what leading and managing mean in the context of the Consultant role
- creating a sound understanding of how the NHS operates and is financed
- helping course members to prepare for successful interviews and their early years as a Consultant
- enhancing personal effectiveness through a menu of leadership and management skills and techniques.
- a working knowledge of NHS structure, policy and finance to support the early years as a Consultant
- greater proficiency in the key leadership and management skills required for effective practice
- confidence to apply successfully for a Consultant post.
Funding and Eligibility
Places for this course are fully funded by the NHSE-SW Deanery for participants who fulfil the following criteria – places are issued on a first-come-first-served basis. Participants should:
• Work in an area covered by NHSE-SW
• Be an ST6 or above, a GPST3 or above or a specialty doctor on the CESR pathway in your final, or penultimate, year of CESR completion (other training years may be accepted depending on speciality and training rotation)
If you have any doubts or queries about your eligibility, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact the Professional Education and Development Team for Severn & Peninsula PGME for further clarification at email@example.com
Please note that NHSE-SW will not reimburse your course fees if you choose to attend any other Keele Clinical Leadership and Management course.