Explore this Section
Applying for a Study Abroad Bursary:
Applications for 17/18 are currently closed. The criteria for 18/19 is currently subject to Council approval.
- The Bursary is worth £1,000 and is normally paid into your bank or building society account about two weeks after the start of the each semester at Keele
- Please note that applying for a bursary does not guarantee that you will receive one – bursaries are limited in number and are awarded based on the criteria on the application form.
- If the programme for which you are applying attracts an ERASMUS or other grant, you will not be eligible to apply for the Study Abroad Bursary, as you will receive other public funding.
In order to be considered for a bursary, you must:
- Be studying abroad for only one semester. Full year students are not eligible to receive the bursary.
- Have a gross annual household income below £42,875.
- Be liable to pay the full tuition fee of £9,250.
- Not be in receipt of other public funding. This means that if you receive funding from the Welsh Assembly towards your tuition fees, or the Erasmus fund, you will not be eligible to apply for this bursary.
- Have been accepted to Study Abroad.
If you are going to receive a bursary, we will send you an e-mail confirmation.
If you need any guidance or further information about applying for a bursary or about student funding generally, please contact Money and Welfare in the Student Services Centre in the Tawney Building, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01782) 734481.