Dr Al-Said Ahmad is a lecturer in Computer Science at the School of Computing and Mathematics at Keele University, UK. He completed his Ph.D. in Web Engineering/Cloud Computing at the School of Computing and Mathematics of Keele University, UK. His thesis title: Scalability performance measurement and testing of cloud-based software services. Prior to his Ph.D., he obtained a bachelor’s degree with honours in Software Engineering from Philadelphia University in Jordan in 2009, and a master’s degree in Computer Science with distinction from Amman Arab University, Jordan, in 2013.
Amro started his academic career in 2014 as a teaching fellow in Computer Science at Philadelphia University, Jordan. Later from 2016-2019, he was a Session Teacher and Demonstrator at Keele University. He joined the Department of Web Engineering at Philadelphia University in Jordan as a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) from 9/2019 until 9/2022.
Find me elsewhere
Research and scholarship
Al-Said Ahmad’s main research interest is in the field of Cloud Computing, with a focus on scalability issue in cloud-based software services, focusing on the technical aspect of the scalability delivery of such services. Other research interests address the research areas of Software Engineering, Software Testing, Software Metrics, and Agile Methodology. In relation to web Engineering, He is interested in the Testing and Evaluation of Web/cloud systems and Applications. Amro has published articles on this topic in leading journals and selective conferences.
Amro regularly serves in conference programme and organization committees, such as The BCS HCI, ICCBDC, IEEE SSD, and ICITA. He also reviews research papers for several cloud computing and software engineering journals.
Funded research projects
- Scalability performance using compile-time fault injection for cloud-based software services (Jan 2023 - Jan 2024): £1970, RDF, Keele University.
- MEDiterranean countries: Towards Internationalisation at Home / MED2IaH (May 2020 – 2023): Total one million Euros Fund: PU Share 58325.00 Euro. Erasmus+, Capacity Building in Higher Education (CBHE).
- Software Requirements Engineering: Modeling, Validation &Verification, and Evolution (Jan 2020 – Dec 2023: JOD 4000, Philadelphia University.
- D. Project at Keele University; Scalability Performance Measurement and Testing of Cloud-Based Software Services (September 2015 – March 2019): Scholarship by Philadelphia University.
- CSC-30016 - Software Engineering Project Management (Credits: 15)
- CSC-30053 - Data Ethics, Security, and Governance (Credits: 15)
In his career, Amro has developed and delivered more than 16 post/undergraduate modules, including Cloud Computing (MSc); Software Maintenance and Evolution (MSc); Quality Assurance and Testing of Web Applications; System Lifecycles and Design; Software Testing and Quality Assurance (MSc); Cloud Computing based Development; E-Commerce System Engineering; Object-Oriented Programming; Web System Analysis and Design; Web Process and Project Management; Web Software Engineering (MSc); Special Topics in Software Engineering; Social Networks; Advanced Operating Systems; Pre-Computer Skills; and Multimedia Systems.
He demonstrated/practical teaching on Cloud Computing (MSc); Software Engineering Project Management; Information Systems and Interaction; Programming Fundamentals; Requirements, Evaluation and Professionalism; Systems and Architecture; Web Technologies; Fundamentals of Computing; and Cybercrime.
In addition, he has supervised MSc Thesis and Bachelor's degree graduation projects.