About computer science research at Keele
Computer Science at Keele University was founded in 1972. Our research has expanded considerably over this time, particularly in recent years. Today, we conduct research across a range of areas and we collaborate on pioneering and multidisciplinary research with local, regional, national and international partners.
At Keele, our research aligns strongly with research institutes and networks including:
Computer science research facilities encompass:
- High-performance computation resources including a data centre powered by on-site renewable energy
- A Virtual Reality and Interaction Research Laboratory
- High-specification graphics-capable computers, VR headsets and eye-trackers, and 3D scanners and printers
- Makerspace resources including Arduino and Raspberry Pi devices
- The Keele Smart Energy Network Demonstrator
Additionally, via partnerships and collaborations, computer science researchers have access to leading research laboratories and resources.