- BSc (HONS) Midwifery 1st Class.
- MSc Medical Ethics with Law.
- Family Planning Nurse Issuer.
- PGCE for Further, Higher and Adult Education.
Sarah has worked in a variety of different settings since qualification, from a busy obstetric unit to a midwife led unit, sexual health clinics and other educational establishments. She has worked as a midwife and sexual health / family planner adviser as well as a lecturer. She has done voluntary work in an indigenous women’s health clinic in Australia.
Sarah also works as an external examiner for the University of the West of Scotland.
Research and scholarship
Sarah has been involved in several research projects covering a different aspects of healthcare including :
- Evaluating treatment options for children exhibiting sexually harmful behaviour.
- Acupuncture in midwifery.
- Use of infant massage.
Sarah also has an interest in pre-verbal linguistics
Sarah has responsibility for the midwifery programme as LME. She teaches across the three years, and holds module leadership for modules in years 1 and 3. She has previously held module leadership for several modules up to Masters level.
Sarah has many areas of interest to her. She is a fully qualified holistic massage practitioner, an infant massage instructor and a Reiki practitioner. She has research interests in :
- Preverbal linguistics and communication.
- Baby signing.
- Ethical issues around reproduction.
- Complementary therapies and their place in healthcare.
- Bullying in the clinical / academic arena.
- Sexual health.
- Sexual violence reporting and support.
Admissions: +44 (0) 1782 738200
The Clinical Education Centre
Clinical Education Centre
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust
Stoke on Trent
The David Weatherall Building