Here you can find help using databases subscribed to by Keele University. You will need your Keele computer username / password to access databases off-site.
Ebsco databases include AgeLine, Amed, Cinahl, Medline, PsychInfo & SPORTDiscus.
Using Cinahl - learn how to use this Ebsco database; tutorial includes links to Ebsco videos. Note that Medline has very similar functionality and features.
Edge Hill video Basic Cinahl search (YouTube or EHU Repository) - step by step demonstration showing you how to complete a simple search on Cinahl (note to access Cinahl go to the Nursing and Midwifery databases page.)
Edge Hill video Advanced Cinahl search (YouTube or EHU Repository) - step by step demonstration showing you how to complete an advanced search on Cinahl (note to access Cinahl go to the Nursing and Midwifery databases page.)
Ebsco Help for University Students - online tutorials, videos and more to help you use Ebsco databases
EbscoHost Research Databases Help - comprehensive help pages for Ebsco databases.
Ebsco How to merge personal accounts - if you have created more than 1 personal ebsco account you can merge them. This will give you only one user id and all your saved content (searches, alerts etc) will be merged into one place.
Cinahl (Information Skills for Health) - find more help using Cinahl from our Information Skills blog
Ebsco databases app
Keele students can download the Ebsco databases app so that you can search on the go.
To get instructions and links relevant for the app:
- Go to your subject page on the Health Library website, eg Nursing and Midwifery Databases or Medical Databases
- Click the link for the Ebsco database you usually use eg Medline or Cinahl (note that it doesn’t matter which and the app allows you to search multiple databases)
- Login using the Shibboleth login option if prompted, entering your Keele University computer username and password when needed.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click the link “iphone and android apps”
- This asks you to enter your email address. Enter your Keele email address and instructions will be sent to you.
Then on your mobile device:
- Go to your email and open the email. Follow the instructions it contains to:
- Install the relevant app (iphone or android)
- Click the link in the email to the authentication key (note that this will expire within 24hrs so plan to do all this at the same time).
Then you should be set up to go. You can use the app to perform searches, save searches, save articles and read articles (where we have access to the full-text in Ebsco).
There is more help on the Ebsco website.