Explore this Section
- / School of Chemical and Physical Sciences /
- Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry /
- People /
- Laura Hancock
Dr Laura Hancock
|Title:||Teaching Fellow in Chemistry|
|Phone:||(+44) 01782 733320|
|Role:||Admissions Tutor for Chemistry & Medicinal Chemistry|
|Contacting me:||Try my office or arrange an appointment by email.|
I obtained my MChem degree from the University of Oxford in 2007 where I remained for my Phd under the supervision of Professor Paul Beer, entitled ‘Anion-templated synthesis of functional interlocked architectures’. I was appointed as a Teaching Fellow in Chemistry at Keele in April 2011.
My research interests are in the area of supramolecular chemistry, specifically the construction of anions receptors for fluorescent anion sensing. Anions play important roles in biological, medical, chemical and environmental processes and it is of great interest to design sensors to detect their presence.
- Hancock, Laura M.; Beer, Paul D., 2011, Sodium and barium cation-templated synthesis and cation-induced molecular pirouetting of a pyridine N-oxide containing rotaxane CHEM. COMMUN. Vol 47 (21), 6012-6014.
- Hancock, Laura M.; Gilday, Lydia C.; Kilah, Nathan L.; Serpell, Christopher J.; Beer, Paul D., 2011, A new synthetic route to chloride selective catenanes CHEM. COMMUN. Vol 47 (6), 1725-1727.
- Hancock, Laura M.; Gilday, Lydia C.; Carvalho, Silvia; Costa, Paulo J.; Felix, Vitor; Serpell, Christopher J.; Kilah, Nathan L.; Beer, Paul D., 2010, Rotaxanes Capable of Recognising Chloride in Aqueous Media ,CHEM.-EUR. J., Vol 16 (44), 13082-13094.
- Hancock, Laura M.; Beer, Paul D., 2009, Chloride recognition in aqueous media by a rotaxane prepared via a new synthetic pathway, CHEM.-EUR. J. Vol 15 (1), 42-44.
CHE-10047 Chemical Concepts and Structure
CHE-10048 Practical and Professional Chemistry Skills 1
CHE-10049 Practical and Professional Chemistry Skills 2 (Module Leader)
CHE-10050 Chemical Properties and Reactions
CHE-10052 Mathematical Tools and Concepts in Chemistry
CHE-20001 Organic Synthesis and Chirality
CHE20029 Radicals, Phases and Supramolecular Chemistry
CHE-20037 Industrial Chemistry
CHE-30002 Dual Honours Research Project
CHE-30040 Chemistry Research Project
CHE-30041 Medicinal Chemistry Research Project
CHE-30042 Inorganic, Physical and Solid State Chemistry (Module Leader)