Explore this Section
- / School of Chemical and Physical Sciences /
- Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry /
- For applicants /
- OpenPlus with the OU
OpenPlus with the OU
We have teamed up with the Open University (OU) to offer you OpenPlus - an alternative and more flexible way into higher education and to achieving a chemistry honours degree.
You'll enjoy world-class course content and delivery, but there are other good reasons for choosing the OpenPlus route.
- Accessible - you don't need any formal qualifications to get started
- Affordable - Studying with the OU means you can earn while you are learning - find out more here.
- Achievable - you're free to fit your OU studies around your lifestyle and balance your learning with your career.
Chemistry @ Keele University
- State-of-the-art teaching laboratory facilities and equipment: Autumn 2009 saw the completion of our £4 million environmentally friendly Chemistry lab – one of the biggest teaching labs in the country!
- Low student: staff ratios
- A wide diversity of Chemistry reflected both in the teaching and research
- Extremely good performance in the National Student Survey: 92% of final year students satisfied with our course
- High quality innovative teaching
- Support in making the transition from OU study
- Personal and Year Tutors to monitor welfare and personal professional development
What you can study at Keele University
BSc Honours Chemistry
BSc Dual Honours Chemistry (Major) WITH Forensic Science (involves 50:50 Chemistry:FS in Year 2 and 100% Chemistry in Year 3)
BSc Honours Chemistry AND Forensic Science (involves 50:50 Chemistry:FS in Year 2 and Year 3)
BSc Dual Honours Medicinal Chemistry (Major) WITH Forensic Science (involves 50:50 Chemistry:FS in Year 2 and 100% Medicinal Chemistry in Year 3)
BSc Honours Medicinal Chemistry AND Forensic Science (involves 50:50 Medicinal Chemistry:FS in Year 2 and Year 3)
You will be required to undertake the first two years of part-time study with The Open University in which you should study and pass the following modules within two years:
Membership of professional institutions
The OU/Keele BSc Chemistry courses are recognised by the Royal Society of Chemistry and graduates can apply to join the Royal Society of Chemistry as an associate member (AMRSC).
Find Out More
If you think that OpenPlus is the right route for you, get in touch with us and we'll advise you how to apply:
Admissions Tutor (Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry)
Dr Laura Hancock
Tel : 01782 733320