English Language and British Culture
This programme is a 3-4 week programme and allows students to develop their English language skills through scheduled classroom time. You will undertake a research project and present your findings at the end of the programme to Keele staff and students. You participate in a number of specially selected field trips designed to give students a British Cultural Experience.
What to expect
- Classroom activities including role plays (language practice for travel, homestay and intercultural understanding. Language games, presentations, debates and cultural awareness activities.
- Research Project – investigation via questionnaires and interactions with UK citizens, public speaking.
Students study a variety of topics relating to British Culture, learning the language as you go!
- Dialects and Languages of the UK
- the importance of not being English
- The British Monarchy
- The UK's roles in the world (past, present, and future)
- The social history of the British Pub
- British youth sub-cultures
The programme allows for at least one excursion per week and previous trips have included:
- Wales- Conwy Castle
- Local industry visits
How to Apply
This programme is currently only open to students from our bespoke partner universities. If you would like to discuss setting up a bespoke programme, please contact the Global Opportunities Team.