Events and Training
MICRA Workshops 2021
Through Keele University's membership of MICRA (Midlands Innovation Commercialisation of Research Accelerator), University staff and businesses located on the Science & Innovation Park are able to take advantage of MICRA's programme of workshops.
All workshops will be held online and run from 10am-12.30pm (unless otherwise stated).
- 20 January 2021 - Business Basics workshop
- 27 January 2021 - Raising Finance
- 3 February 2021 - Understanding and Communicating the Value of Your Idea (Part 1)
- 4 February 2021 - Understanding and Communicating the Value of Your Idea (Part 2)
- 4 March 2021 - Constructing a Business Model (Part 1)
- 5 March 2021 - Constructing a Business Model (Part 2)
- 19 March 2021 - Delivering operational performance
- 24 March 2021 - New Product Development workshop
- 15 April 2021 - Leading and Managing Teams
- 20 April 2021 - Practical Project Management
- 28 April 2021 - Developing Commercial Partnerships (Part 1)
- 29 April 2021 - Developing Commercial Partnerships (Part 2)
- 13 May 2021 - Sales and Sales Management (Part 1)
- 14 May 2021 - Sales and Sales Management (Part 2)
ILAS Grand Challenges Lecture | Is Impact Your Grand Challenge?
21 October 2020 Funders and global rankings want researchers to make an impact on local and global grand challenges but your research can’t move the needle on SDGs (for example) on its own. Generating and assessing research impacts has become its own “grand challenge” for researchers and universities across the world now that impact is emerging as a global conversation. Impact looks different in different countries and in difference disciplines when collaborating with research partners from different sectors. All these differences preclude templated efforts at research impact, but some practices are starting to emerge informed by research on research impact. David Phipps will connect the dots between theories and practices of research impact. Drawing on examples from around the world, academic researchers and students, their research collaborators as well as impact practitioners and research administrators will learn how to apply theories and models to help address the grand challenge of impact.
Dr David J Phipps, Executive Director, Research & Innovation Services, York University, Canada.
Celebrating Impact and Engagement Festival 2021
21-25 June 2021 | Further details to be announced in the new year
Professional development in engagement and impact
- National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement
- Fast Track Impact
- PGR Engagement and Impact Training Day (January 2021, details to follow)