Events and Training
MICRA Workshops 2021
Through Keele University's membership of MICRA (Midlands Innovation Commercialisation of Research Accelerator), University staff and businesses located on the Science & Innovation Park are able to take advantage of MICRA's programme of workshops.
- 9 November 2021 (9:30-12:30) – Developing Commercial Partnerships (Part 1)
- 11 November 2021 (9:30-12:30) – Developing Commercial Partnerships (Part 2)
- 15 November 2021 (10:00-12:30) – Finance for Directors
- 17 November 2021 (10:00-12:30) – Digital Marketing Strategy (Part 1)
- 18 November 2021 (10:00-12:30) – Digital Marketing Strategy (Part 2)
- 23 November 2021 (9:30-12:30) – New Product Development Workshop
- 24 November 2021 (11:30-13:30) – Building your Credibility and Profile Across LinkedIn
- 30 November 2021 (10:00-12:00) – Practical Project Management
- 7 December 2021 (10:00-12:30) – An Effective Board
- 9 December 2021 (10:000-12:30) – Understanding HR and Employment
ILAS Grand Challenges Lecture | Is Impact Your Grand Challenge?
21 October 2020 Funders and global rankings want researchers to make an impact on local and global grand challenges but your research can’t move the needle on SDGs (for example) on its own. Generating and assessing research impacts has become its own “grand challenge” for researchers and universities across the world now that impact is emerging as a global conversation. Impact looks different in different countries and in difference disciplines when collaborating with research partners from different sectors. All these differences preclude templated efforts at research impact, but some practices are starting to emerge informed by research on research impact. David Phipps will connect the dots between theories and practices of research impact. Drawing on examples from around the world, academic researchers and students, their research collaborators as well as impact practitioners and research administrators will learn how to apply theories and models to help address the grand challenge of impact.
Dr David J Phipps, Executive Director, Research & Innovation Services, York University, Canada.
Celebrating Impact and Engagement Festival 2021
22 June 2021 – 2 July 2021