What goes on in the Rabbit Room
12 weeks to 12 months approximately
- Maximum 12 babies,
- Room area – 43.10 M Sq
- Child ratio – 1 staff to 3 children
- Senior Room Leader –Stephanie
- Room Leader - Jessica
- Room staff – Laura, Faye,
- Tapestry. Online learning journey, allows parents to receive child observations as they happen.
- Under floor heating.
- Drag through ventilation (non mechanical air conditioning).
- Separate milk kitchen with fridges, Sterilising equipment, Liquidizers etc.
- Separate eating area.
- Separate cot room with viewing windows from both the Rabbit and Robin rooms.
- Evacuation cot.
- Separate toddler bed/cot linen room.
- Separate nappy changing room, shared with Dormouse room.
- Individual baskets for children's nappies, creams etc.
- Floor to ceiling windows and patio doors.
- Private garden shared with the Dormouse room with Astroturf and natural shade from living willow.
- Total Free flow.
- Over door heaters to keep rooms at temperature during free flow.
- Individual drawers for children's work/belongings.
- Separate buggy store.
- Separate toy store, allows toys to be rotated often.
- Home link books for every child.
- Comfort boxes for children's treasured possessions ie; photos, blankets etc
In the Rabbit room we welcome everyone and offer a family friendly service. We pride ourselves on building excellent relationships with parents/carers and their babies. There are a range of fun yet stimulating activities on offer throughout the day to ensure each of the babies individual needs are met. Our fun activities range from glittery water play to painting and from Free flow play outside to walks around the beautiful University campus.