Mon, Tue, Thur : 9am - 5pm
Wed, Fri: 9am - 4.30pm
We offer a comfortable, well-equipped searchroom, conducive to study, and we are accessible to users with a disability - please get in touch for details.
To consult material from the Archives it is essential to make an appointment, but Local Collection stock on open access is available without prior appointment.
Archives closed dates 2019
CHRISTMAS CLOSING: From Monday 23rd December 2019 until Thursday 2nd January 2020
We welcome enquiries and are happy to undertake a limited amount of research on your behalf, free of charge, without you having to visit in person.
Tel: +44 (0)1782 733237
Write to: Helen Burton
Special Collections and Archives Administrator
We offer a comprehensive copying service. Copies can be ordered remotely, or as part of a visit to the Archives, and can be supplied by email, through the post or collected in person.
The purchase of imagery does not carry any rights to publish or reproduce. Before reproducing material in any way, please contact us. Reproduction and publication fees are available upon request.
Please note that a minimum charge of £10.00 applies to remote requests. Prices are inclusive of VAT and all customers must complete an application form.
We provide photocopies subject to the condition and dimensions of the original material, and subject to UK copyright legislation.
Published, non-archive material
- A4/A3 black and white - 50p
- A4/A3 colour - £1.00
- A4/A3 black and white - £1.00
- A4/A3 colour - £1.50
We carry out digital photography and scanning from a wide range of original materials. Large or difficult jobs will be quoted for separately. Our standard prices for copying from documents, supplied as a digital file by email, are:
- Price of first image - £3.00
- Price of successive images if from the same item - £1.50
- High resolution digital images from our photographic collections - £10.00 each
You may take your own flash-free photography from our manuscript collections, free of charge, but subject to the following conditions:
- The photography must not cause undue risk to documents
- Readers must sign a copyright declaration form recording each document copied
- Permission must be sought from copyright holders before reproducing images – please ask staff for advice
- A reproduction/publication fee will be charged in return for granting permission to reproduce or publish images belonging to the Archives