We aim to provide opportunities for the development of knowledge, skills and behaviours that support the University’s mission statement and strategic objectives.
Learning and development opportunities are provided in a number of ways, including:
- An annual selection of courses and workshops utilising internal and external expertise;
- Postgraduate Masters and CPD Programmes;
- Leadership programme;
- Annual events;
- Journals and blogs promoting the sharing of good practice;
- Programme design and project development;
- Monthly Study Matters podcast episodes with tips on embedding academic skills development into curricula.
The accredited programmes currently run through KIITE are the Masters in Higher Education Practice (MA HEP) / Academic Professional Apprenticeship (APA) and the Higher Education Academy (HEA) Fellowship - Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Route. We also offer the Transition to Leadership programme, designed to help participants recognise, explore and develop their personal leadership style.
Further information on these, the workshops we have on offer and the Study Matters podcast can be seen below.