To present at the conference
Second call for abstracts
Postgraduate Conference 2019
Disrupting Disciplines: Sharing Perspectives
Deadline: Wednesday 20th March 2019 at 5.00pm
All Keele postgraduates are invited to apply to present their research to a cross disciplinary audience of peers, students and staff at the Institute’s annual postgraduate conference
Date: Monday 29th April
Time: 11.00am – 4.00pm
Venue: Keele Hall Ballroom
The challenge is to communicate your work in an accessible and inspiring way to an informed, but non-specialist audience. Projects should be presented as posters, although artefacts or performance may also be offered.
You are encouraged to share your work in progress and the focus should be on effective and engaging communication.
Second Call for Abstracts
New deadline: Wednesday 20th March 2019 at 5.00pm
Your submission should include your entry title and abstract, both of which should be written with a lay audience in mind. Your abstract should be a single paragraph, no longer than 200 words and you should clearly draw out the relevance of your research, highlighting why it is important and interesting to someone who is not a specialist in your area.
Why present at this conference?
This is a chance to
- Gain experience of presenting to a wider academic audience
- Develop your skills in communicating your research to a non-specialist audience
- Strengthen your skills in listening and learning from others working in different fields
There will be opportunities for
- Conversations, fresh insights, networking and broadening perspectives about your work and the work being undertaken across the university
- Seeing research from across multiple disciplines
The day will include
- Competitions with prizes for posters and communication
- Keele Three Minute Thesis Competition
- Good lunch and entertaining speakers
- Your abstract or article could be published in a special edition of JADE
Deadline for submissions is Wednesday 20th March 2019.