To present at the conference
Keele Postgraduate Conference 2020 and
Official Launch of the Keele Doctoral Academy (KDA)
Monday 23rd November 2020
** Second Call for Abstracts **
All Keele postgraduates are invited to apply to present their research to a cross disciplinary audience of peers, students and staff at the Institute’s annual postgraduate conference
Date: Monday 23rd November 2020
Time: 9.30am - 1.00pm
Venue: Online via Microsoft Teams
The challenge is to communicate your work in an accessible and inspiring way to an informed, but non-specialist audience. Projects should be presented as posters and you are encouraged to share your work in progress with a focus on effective and engaging communication.
Second Call for Abstracts
** New Deadline: Wednesday 28th October **
Your submission should include your entry title and abstract, both of which should be written with a lay audience in mind. Your abstract should be a single paragraph, no longer than 200 words and you should clearly draw out the relevance of your research, highlighting why it is important and interesting to someone who is not a specialist in your area.
Why present at this conference?
Just a few reasons to take part:
- The opportunity to communicate your research in an accessible and inspiring way to an informed but non-specialist audience
- Gain valuable experience in sharing your work beyond your own field
- Free and open to all postgraduate students
- Competitions and prizes
- Support friends and colleagues
- Take part in the Three Minute Thesis competition and set yourself a challenge of presenting your doctoral research in an inspiring and engaging way, using just one slide, in just 3 minutes
- Get your name and abstract in the conference handbook
- Attend breakout sessions on; Showcasing your PhD for employment, Engaging external partners to create impact from your research, Hot Topics in Qualitative Research methods and a Start to success, a PGR community event
Deadline Wednesday 28th October 2020.
How to submit your poster entry
Please submit your poster entry as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Wednesday 11th November.
The deadline for abstracts is Wednesday 28th October.
All posters will then be displayed on the ILAS website in advance of the conference with voting to take place on the day.