Information for new starters
Getting to Keele
- Visit the How to find us page for travel directions and maps of the campus.
- Driving to Keele - if you want to bring a car onto campus you will need a parking permit. You can find more information about staff parking on our Parking web pages.
Right to work
- Please read the Right to work checklist.
Health and safety
- Visit the Department of Occupational Health and Safety webpages for the health and safety information guide, the health and safety induction for new staff and the VDU workstation assessment.
- The University is keen to support individuals who may have a disability, a long-term health or a mental health condition by putting in place the necessary reasonable adjustments.
- Individuals who wish to discuss this process prior to their employment start date, should contact the HR Co-ordinator detailed on their offer letter.
- Further information about how we support can be found here: https://www.keele.ac.uk/equalitydiversity/support/accesstowork/
- Visit the Payroll and pensions department pages to find our about pension schemes and auto-enrolment. Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) pension scheme members automatically take part in Payflex+ salary exchange scheme to reduce National Insurance contributions, visit the Payflex+ to find out more about the scheme or how to opt-out.
The Keele Card
- All new staff are invited to take part in the Welcome to Keele Programme about how the University works, its current priorities, and its history and culture. Further resources are also available from the Organisational Development team in the New to Keele? section.
HESA Data Collection
- As a university we are required annually to send some of the information we hold about you to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), find out more about this in the HESA Data Collection Notice.
- Staff are required to comply with the university's Data Protection Act Policy.
- If you are considering relocating from elsewhere in the UK or from another country, visit the Staff Housing webpages for further information about accommodation on campus.
- For the first month of your employment at Keele, you are eligible to receive a free month's gym membership at Keele Sports Centre. For more information, visit the Sports Centre Reception with your Keele Card.
The Staff Common Room (SCR)
- The SCR is a society for staff dedicated to promoting community within the University. We arrange activities (tastings, rambles, visits) and gatherings where we can socialise and get to know one another (https://www.facebook.com/KeeleSCR/ and http://www.keelescr.org/). Membership is £20 per year; please direct any queries to email@example.com or come down to the SCR bar in Keele Hall any Friday in term time (5.30-7.30 pm).