Support for students and colleagues following major global events

We understand that major UK and global events can cause great concern for our students and colleagues.

If you are worried or have been affected by anything then we are here to help you.

Our chaplaincy team are here to support the Keele community, whether you are a student or a member of staff, and of all faiths or none. If you need to take a quiet moment, our Chapel is open every day for quiet reflection.

Support for students

Our student services team are here for you throughout the year and can help you with a range of things including counselling and mental health support. You can contact your Student Experience and Support Officer, or email the team at

We also have access to a 24/7 confidential helpline through Health Assured. As well as the helpline, Keele students also have access to digital resources to help them. Find out more about Health Assured.

Health Assured has also set up a dedicated University helpline to support anyone who is struggling with their mental health as a result of ongoing events in the Middle East - call Health Assured for free on 0800 783 8390.

The Students’ Union also offer support and you can contact the Advice and Support team at Keele Students’ Union.

Please also speak to your academic mentor if you’re concerned about how the situation may affect your ability to study or conduct research.

Support for staff 

If you are particularly affected by a national or global situation then please speak to your line manager or your HR Employee Relations link person.

You can also seek support from our Staff Counselling team.

Staff counselling is always available via The Listening Centre which is a completely confidential support service. You can access this by calling 01543 300068 or via e-mail to to make an appointment.

Visas and travel

If you are an international student and are concerned about your Visa or travel arrangements, our Immigration Compliance team can help you. Contact the team by emailing Staff should contact their HR Employee Relations link person with any questions.