Panoramic class photographs
Many Keelites have appeared in a "panoramic photograph". In our earliest years, these featured the entire student body but as the university has expanded in numbers, they have depicted particular years or Schools or Cohorts rather than the entire student body.
After the Pioneers' Reunion in 2010, two Keele alumni - Tony Budd (1963) and Jill Budd (Garnett) (1963) initiated a mammoth task to identify the names and faces from a panoramic photo of their era of 1959 -1963. These can be accessed at their Panoramic Photographs webpage below. You can update names and faces and send in more information on that website.
Below: University College of North Staffordshire at Keele, 1952-1953
We hope to develop this initiative further with more Class Photos from different Keele eras. There are amazingly few Panoramas in the Archives - if you have a quality photo and you are happy to share that photo for us to digitise or as a gift, please contact Alumni HQ.
In 2023, we found we hold:
UCNS SU 1952-1953 (above);
UCNS academic staff and graduates 1954;
UCNS June 1954 (all students);
UCNS students May 1956;
UCNS Horwood Hall May 1956.
Instructions for the 1959-1963 photos:
- Click here on Panoramic Photographs to visit Tony and Jill's website.
- On the website, there are four strips of panoramic photos divided into sections. If you click on one of the sections it should fill the window.
- You can move to the next one to the left or right in the same panoramic photo by clicking on the arrows (< and >) outside the photo section, or return to the initial window by clicking on the "Back to main photos" wording underneath the photo section.
- If you hover the pointer over a face on any photo section it should come up with the information and/or the request for information, and then clicking on the face should get a form to complete with new information.
- When you've completed as much of the form as you can, just click on "Send" and a confirmation window will open with a "Thank You - click here to return to the photo" message at the top.
- If you do complete a form, please enter your own name and email address or it is impossible to get back in touch for further queries or any problems.