The Disability Support and Inclusion team work collaboratively with external agencies and other University staff members to ensure that your individual support needs are met throughout your time at Keele.
The support you receive will be tailored to meet your individual needs and any particular requirements of your chosen course. For some students, this could mean you are provided with a Support Worker who may help you with tasks such as notetaking, reading or mobility support around campus. If this is appropriate in your circumstances, the Disability Support and Inclusion team will discuss this with you.
Disability Inclusion Tutors
Each school/department has an appointed Disability Inclusion Tutor (or DIT for short). Some of the responsibilities of your DIT are:
- Be the main link between Disability Support and Inclusion and your programme of study.
- Maintain confidentiality whilst ensuring sensitive disability related information is shared in an appropriate manner.
- Share disability related information with relevant colleagues so that your support is in place.
- Deal with day-to-day enquiries on disability related issues.
- Help to organise your Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP).
- Ensure exam arrangements are in place for you.
The Disability Support and Inclusion team communicate all of your disability related information and support needs to the appropriate DIT(s) through eVision. You can view all of your agreed support needs/recommendations through your eVision account (which you can access via the KLE).
Please see the list below to find out who your appointed DIT is.
English and Film Studies, Liberal Arts and History, Media and Music, and Postgraduate Courses
Dr Deborah Kerfoot
Kevin De Sabbata
Criminology, Education, International Relations, Philosophy, Politics, Sociology
PGCE – Primary
PGCE – Secondary (OAKS SKITT)
Physiotherapy, Prosthetics & Orthotics and Occupational Therapy
Radiography, and Rehabilitation and Exercise Science
Dr Carol Gray
Counselling & Psychotherapy
Public Health, Primary Care Sciences and Social Work
Global Healthcare Leadership, MPH, and Professional Doctorate, PG Medical Science, PG Clinical Education
Clinical Pharmacy PGT