I want to change my course

Thinking of changing course?

You may find talking to a Student Adviser or a Careers Adviser a useful next step in helping you to understand your options and decide the best way forward. With its broad range of degree combinations Keele does offer flexibility and it is often possible to change to another course at certain times of year. However, you do need to meet the entry requirements and have or are able to pass enough core modules in the new subject.

There must also be vacancies on the course you are interested in changing to. For on-campus students, you would have to change within the first three weeks of either Semester One or Semester Two.

For Keele Online Learners, there may be additional implications to discuss depending on whether you want to transfer between pathways in the same programme or transfer to a different subject discipline. These implications are best discussed with your Student Success Coordinator.

It may also be helpful to speak to some of the following people to inform your decision:

  • Your Personal Tutor or for Keele Online Learners, your Student Success Coordinator
  • Friends, family or others who know you well
  • Students on alternative courses you might be considering
  • Course Directors in the new subject you are interested in studying.

How to change course

If you are an undergraduate student and want to change course, you should discuss this request with your Personal Tutor/Student Success Coordinator and the Course Director of the new course. They will advise you about the entry requirements and credits you need to make this change. If they are able to accept you onto the course you can then submit your request using eVision:

  • From the main menu, select 'Course/Module Details'
  • Under 'Course Information' click 'Request Course Change'
  • Complete the online form and submit

For more information please contact the Student Services Centre.

If you are a postgraduate taught student and you want to change course, you will need to speak to the programme director or School of the programme you wish to transfer to. If approval is granted, the relevant School will then contact Student Recrods to request the transfer is applied. There is no eVision interaction required from you. 

Student Records will then process this transfer request and you will receive a confirmation email advising you that your course change has been applied.