Welcome to PROP-OA
RESPONSE TO COVID-19
The PROP OA trial is now open again to new and returning participants at the following sites:
- Leighton Hospital
- NIHR/Wellcome Trust Adult’s Clinical Research Facility in Manchester
- North Tyneside General Hospital
- Haywood Hospital
- Victoria Infirmary Northwich
Please note: The PROP OA clinic at Cannock hospital in Staffordshire is no longer available
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the following steps have been taken to reduce the risk to staff and participants taking part in the trial:
- All clinics operate in a COVID SECURE manner in line with their local NHS Trust policies. This includes reducing the number of individuals at site at any one time and providing face masks and hand sanitising facilities. In some instances, appointments with the physiotherapist may take place over the telephone. During these telephone calls you will be asked some questions to see if you are eligible to take part. If you agree to take part and are eligible after these questions, you will then be invited to the clinic to complete the eligibility assessment. As ever, you are free to withdraw during any stage of the trial processes.
- For those participants who do take part in the trial, follow-up questionnaires will be sent through email or post. When a follow-up questionnaire is due a PROP OA administrator will call you.
We would like to thank everyone who has been involved so far in the trial for your patience and understanding throughout these challenging times.
If you have any queries regarding the trial or would like to take part, please call the PROP OA study team at Keele Clinical Trials Unit on Freephone 0800 130 3419.
Are you 45 or older? Do you experience knee pain?
If you answered yes to both of the above questions, then you may be eligible to take part in the PROP-OA study - a clinical trial that is testing advice, exercise and knee braces in older adults.
Please explore this website to find out more information about the PROP-OA trial. To see if you can take part please call the PROP-OA research team on Freephone 0800 130 3419.