Keele highly commended in two categories at prestigious awards
Keele University has been highly commended in two categories at the UK and Ireland 2023 Green Gown Awards.
The University'ss Smart Energy Network Demonstrator (SEND) and Low Carbon Energy Generation Park were highly commended in the 2030 Climate Action category, and the University's Catering team were highly commended in the Campus Health, Food and Drink category for their efforts to embed sustainability into all catering operations on campus.
The Green Gown Awards sponsored by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) recognise the exceptional sustainability initiatives being undertaken by universities and colleges, and highlight best practice within the further and higher education sector.
Professor Mark Ormerod, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost, said: "These highly commended awards demonstrate our continued success, commitment and focus on sustainability. I'm delighted that our work to embed sustainability in all aspects of our operations as a university has continued to be recognised by our peers through these awards."
The two highly commended awards build upon the University’s success of being named Global Sustainability Institution of the Year at the 2021 International Green Gown Awards.
- Keele University malaria research receives $750,000 backing from prestigious philanthropic foundation
- Keele University helping prepare Staffordshire for net zero future
- New purpose-built insectary will enhance Keele's world-leading research
- Keele degree leads to Daniel working with Premier League stars
- Keele University supports £2m climate education expansion for England's young learners