Keele - Futures Thinking Workshop
Reimagine what's possible
Do you have a link to Staffordshire or Stoke-On-Trent? Do you want a vibrant, thriving future where everyone can live, work, and flourish? Then join us for a unique Futures Thinking Workshop to explore how this could be made possible.
This free event welcomes everyone: students, staff, local community, individuals, businesses, policymakers, local groups, anyone with a stake in our region’s future.
It’s a chance to play a role in co-designing a framework that shapes our shared aspirations.
Together, we’ll dive deep into what matters locally, through this workshop based on the Doughnut Economics approach, we’ll explore:
- The social foundations: Are we ensuring needs like health, education, and equality for all? Where are the gaps, and how can we bridge them?
- The ecological ceiling: Are we living within the boundaries of local natural resources? How can we protect our environment while fostering economic prosperity?
- Themes closest to our hearts: From sustainable food systems to affordable housing, renewable energy to thriving communities, we will discuss what’s working well and identify what’s missing in our region.
The conversations and feedback from this workshop will be at the heart of co-designing a practical roadmap for aligned activity to be shared at the Staffordshire & Stoke-On-Trent COP.
This roadmap will guide our collective action towards a sustainable Staffordshire & Stoke.
Who is it for
This free event welcomes everyone: individuals, businesses, policymakers, local groups, anyone with a stake in our region’s future.
Can’t make it? Don’t panic, there are sessions taking place across the County that you may wish to attend OR join us for one of our online sessions.
About the organisers
This event is a fringe event of the Keele Green Festival, and is supported by Keele University.
The Globe Group is a non-profit, spearheading the way for positive sustainable change. Working alongside a number of other organisation's and across a multitude of different sectors to help map, align and facilitate change. It’s a big job but through a mixture of collaborative, imaginative approaches and quite frankly some tried and tested elbow grease, we can showcase the good stuff that's already happening and fill the gaps with great things through this movement for Staffordshire & Stoke-On-Trent.
- Event date
- Event Time
- Chancellors Building CBA0.021
- Tom Bedford & Alana Wheat
- Contact email
- Contact telephone