Parties Research at Keele and KEPRU
As a reflection of Keele's exceptionally strong concentration of research into European political parties (in both Western and Eastern Europe), the Keele European Research Unit (KEPRU) was launched in September 2000. KEPRU was the first research grouping of its kind in the UK and it brings together the hitherto largely independent work of Keele researchers focusing on European political parties. KEPRU aims:
- to facilitate its members' engagement in high-quality academic research, individually, collectively in the Unit and in collaboration with cognate research groups and individuals in the UK and abroad;
- to hold regular conferences, workshops, seminars and guest lectures on topics related to European political parties, advertised on the Unit's website;
- to publish a series of parties-related research papers by scholars from Keele and elsewhere;
- to expand postgraduate training in the study of political parties;
- to constitute a source of expertise on European parties and party politics for media and other interests.
KEPRU publishes a working paper series which is available online and organises a series of seminars.