Political Groups, Movements and Organizations in the United
Groups relating to single states are listed in the
Crime and Punishment..
Defence and Foreign Affairs
Economy and Business
The Family and Reproductive Rights
Political System, Activism, Rights and
Think Tanks and Policy Institutes
Crime and Punishment
Defence and Foreign Affairs
The Economy and Business Groups
The Family and Reproductive Rights
Activism, Rights and Liberties
- Alliance for Democracy
- Act for Change -
'opportunities for progressive activism'
- American Association for Justice
- America's Future
Foundation - 'a network of America's next generation of classical
- The American Cause -
'educating voters on issues and policies that will put America and its
- American Center for Law & Justice
- American Civil Liberties Union Freedom Network
- free speech, racial equality, women's rights, cyber liberties, relevant court
- American Civil Rights
Union - 'dedicated to defending the rights guaranteed by the Bill of
Rights and the 14th amendment'
- American Conservative Union
- American Education League
'dedicated to informing and educating all citizens about the liberties and
responsibilities that are their birthright as Americans'
- American Muslim Alliance -
provides Muslim and pro-Muslim candidates
- American Patriot Friends Network
- American Patriots for Freedom
- American Solutions for
Winning the Future PAC
- Americans for
America - 'if you're sick of increasing government control and want to
do something about it'
- Americans for a Society Free
from Restrictions - legal civil rights of youth
- Americans for Democratic Action
- Americans for Separation of Church and
- American Sons of
- America's Open Debates
Foundation - 'fighting for free access for third parties and
- Association of Moderate Christian
Voters - 'positive moderate Christian Alternative to the Religious
- Avaaz.org activist site
- AWBansunset - opposing
- Ballot Initiative Strategy Center
- The Belcher Foundation
- public policy on church and state
- Better Government Association
- Cafe Progressive - activist causes
- Call to Action - support
and training for grassroots activists on human rights, social justice,
animal rights, bio-engineering
- Campus Activism Sites
- Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights
- Cato Institute - 'limited government, free markets, individual liberty and peace'
- Center for Constitutional
- Center for Democracy & Technology - 'non-profit public
interest organization with information about the state of free speech and civil liberties on the Internet'; frequent updates
- Center for Governmental Studies
- Center for Media & Democracy
'exposing PR spin and propaganda and promoting media literacy'
- Center for Public
- Center for Responsive Politics - 'a broad look at the world of special-interest money and politics'
- Center for Vigilant Freedom
- Change.org - campaigning site
- Citizen Speak - e-advocacy
tools for activists
- Citizens Against Government Waste
- Citizens' Circle for
- Citizens for Better Government
- Citizens for Civil Rights
- Citizens for Constitutional Government
- Citizens for
Responsibility and Ethics
- CivNet - promoting civic
education and civil society
- Civil Liberties Monitoring
- Civil Rights Movement Veterans
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility
- The Constitution Society
- Council for Government Reform
- CounterJihad Europa - anti-islamist
- The Democracy Lab -
- Democracy Net from the League of
- Electronic Frontier Foundation - 'working to
protect individual rights in the emerging information age'
- Emily's List
- Foodspeak Coalition for
- Freedom Works - advocates small
- The Free Expression Clearinghouse 'established to counter attacks against First Amendment right to free expression'
- The Free Expression Policy
Project from the Brennan School of Law
- Freedom Forum First Amendment Center
- Freedom from Religion Foundation
- Free Speech Online -
'response to our government's attempt to limit our right to freedom of speech'
- Friends Committee on National Legislation
- Frontiers of Freedom Institute -
Conservative policy group 'promoting constitutional rights and restoring
constitutional limits on government'
- The Fund for Constitutional Government
- The Future of Freedom Foundation
- Government Accountability Project 'represents whistleblowers on US government
- Humane Borders - humanitarian
assistance to would-be immigrants
- Human Rights First
- Institute for Liberty
- International Association for
- International Civil Liberties Alliance
- Internet Privacy Coalition
- The Thomas Jefferson Center for the
Protection of Free Expression
- Jewish Council for
- Martin Luther King Jr Center
for Nonviolent Social Change
- League of Christian
- League of Rural
- Legal and Government Resource
- Liberty Activist
- Liberty Coalition
- Minute Man Project -
opposition to immigration
- MyGovCost - opposition to government spending
- National Association of Community
- National Campaign
for Freedom of Expression
- National Civic League -
'consensus-based decision-making in local community building'
- National Council of
- National Endowment for Democracy
National Issue Forums - 'nonpartisan discussions about timely public
- National Issues Forum
- National Women's Political Caucus
- New America Foundation
'bringing new voices and new ideas to America's public discourse'
- New Century Project - PAC
'dedicated to returning power, money and influence to the American people'
- New Democracy -works for a revolution based on solidarity, democracy and equality, the values of ordinary working people'
- Numbers USA - immigration
- Open Directory
- Open Society (The Soros Institute)
- OPen Society Justice Initiative
- Patriots' Border
- People Before Lawyers
- People for the American Way - 'your voice against intolerance'
- The Petition Site -
includes petitions on the environment, human rights, politics and animal
- Political Activism
- Political Research Associates
monitors and analyzes the organizations, leaders, ideas, and activities of the US political right.
- Progressive Change Campaign Committee
- Project on Government Oversight
- combatting 'abuse of power'
- Public Citizens Congress
- Public Eye from Political Research Associates
- Reagan Information Exchange 'the place for keeping track of our government'
- Refuse and Resist - 'against war on women, concentration camps for immigrants, censorship etc'
- The Ruckus Society -
training in non-violent civil disobedience
- The Self-Determination
Committee - direct black action
- Socialist Action
- The Sovereignty Foundation
'dedicated to creating communities that are free from external constraints'
- Sunlight Foundation - open government and politics
- Tea Party Patriots
- Technocracy Inc.
- Term Limits Action Page
- True Majority
- Union for Radical Political Economics
- US Action - 'economic, social,
racial and environmental justice for all'
- US Citizens' Human Rights
- US Ombudsman Association
- US Term Limits
- We The People - political reform and
- A Well Regulated Militia
- The White House
Project - 'working to enable qualified women to campaign successfully
for the presidency and other key positions'
- Women Leaders Online - 'dedicated to
mobilizing women on the Internet, empowering women politically and stopping
the anti-women agenda of the Radical Right': many feminist links
- Women's Campaign School
at Yale - 'great links for political women'
- Wufpac - PAC supporting women
under 40 running for federal or state office
- Young Americans Foundation
- Young Government Leaders
All Out - LGBT Equality
American Medical Association
Coalition Against Insurance Fraud
Fair Labor Association
Federation for American Immigration Reform
Thomas Fordham Institute - conservative think-tank
Guttmacher Institute - reproductive health
National Affordable Housing Network
National Alliance to End
The National Assembly -
association of non-profit health and human service organizations
National Coalition for Homeless
National Coalition on Health Care
National Foundation for American Policy
National Horizon -
PAC 'Fighting for Your Conservative Values'
National Housing Trust
National Low Income Housing
Coalition - low income neighbourhoods
National Restaurant Association
National Parent-Teachers Association
People Over Profits - civil justice reform
Physicians for Responsible Medicine
- opposes animal experiments
Poor News Network
Social Justice Connections Home Page
Social Security Privatization
Website - the Cato Institute
Welfare Reform Academy
Think Tanks and Policy Institutes Think
Tanks from University of Michigan
Allegheny Institute for
Public Policy 'bringing free-market solutions to local government'
Campaign for America's Future
'challenging big-money corporate agenda'
Center for American
Progress ' progressive ideas for a strong, just and free America'
Center for Pudget and Policy Priorities
Center for Public Integrity
- 'nonprofit, nonpartisan research center which combines investigative
journalism and political science to educate the public and hold elected
Center for Science in the Public
Center for the
Study of Compassionate Conservatism - 'nonpartisan' think-tank dedicated
to promoting the compassionate conservative agenda
Center for Voting and Democracy
Center of the American Experiment
- conservative and free-market ideas, Minnesota centered.
Center of International Private Enterprise
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- fiscal policy and public programsaffecting low- and moderate-income
families and individuals
Center on Reinventing Public Education
Citizens for a Sound Economy think-tank that 'fights for lower taxes and less regulation'
Claremont Institute - 'mission to recover the principles of the American Founding Fathers'
CNA Corporation research and
analysis of domestic and national security issues
Common Dreams - 'national
non-profit organization formed to promote a progressive vision for America's
Competitive Enterprise Institute -
'advancing the principles of free enterprise'
Congressional Institute - 'helping to better understand the operations of the national legislature'
Conservatives for Patients Rights
Employment Policies Institute
Ethics & Public Policy Center
Evergreen Freedom Foundation -
'individual liberty, free enterprise, and responsible government'
Foundation for Economic Education
Foundation for Individual Rights in
The Free Nation Foundation
Goldwater Institute - 'independent non-partisan research and educational
Heartland Institute - conservative
Jesse Helms Center -
promotes 'understanding of the principles of democracy, the free market
system and moral values'
The Henry Hazlitt Foundation
Heritage Foundation Foreign Policy and Defense Studies Department - 'a clearing house for reporters, researchers and concerned Americans interested in gaining access to publications, policy experts and weblinks on a wide spectrum of national security issues'
The Hoover Institution - domestic
policy and international affairs
The Hudson Institute
Independence Institute 'non-partisan,
non-profit public policy research organization...on a broad variety of
topics related to shrinking government and expanding freedom'
InnerCity Press -
community, consumers and civil rights organisation 'engaged in cutting-edge
Institute for Civility in Government
Institute for Policy Innovation
Institute for Policy Studies
Institute for Public Accuracy
Institute on Religion and
for the Study of Civic Values - 'promotes the fulfillment of Americas's
historic civic ideas'
George C Marshall Institute -
focus on science and public policy
National Center for Policy Analysis
- 'nonprofit research institute covering health care, welfare, criminal
justice, education and environmental regulation'.
National Institute for Public
National Legal Center for the Public
Interest - concerned with issues of public policy relating to law or the
administration of justice
The Nixon Center - US
national security issues
Pacific Research Institute
for Public Policy 'promotes freedom, personal responsibility, free
economy, limited government'
The Phoenix Center - 'high
quality analysis of public policy issues'
Population Resources Center -
'providing the demographic dimension of Public policy'
Potomac Institute for
Progress and Freedom Foundation
- 'dedicated to creating a positive vision of the future founded in the historic principles of the American idea'
Project for the New
American Century - 'American leadership is good both for America and the
Institute - libertarian think-tank
Public Agenda - nonpartisan
research organization - issue guides, interpretation of polls
Public Interest Research Group OR
Rand Science and
Reason Public Policy Institute -
'promotes innovative, dynamic public policy alternatives'
Rutherford Institute - church
and state issues
Institute - children's education, labor unions and democratic udeals
Tax Justice Network
Washington Institute for Policy Studies
- 'private-sector solutions to public problems'
Action - 'promoting economic justice and progressive social change'
Working America AFL/CIO for non-union workers
Return to Top of US Government and
Copyright 1995-2014 Martin Harrison. Please notify additions and corrections to M.Harrison@keele.ac.uk.
firstname.lastname@example.org/ Links verified August 2011