If you’re seeking to get a head start in your management career, our career-focused MSc will help you become a well-rounded, thoughtful, active, reflective and practical professional with a genuine appreciation of the strategic and operational challenges in running different organisations. Engaging with businesses through study trips, factory visits, live projects and guest speakers, you’ll relate management theory to real-world practice from day one, putting what you learn into context, while actively developing leadership and other essential management skills through team building, group work, individual assignments, report writing and presentations.
- Keele is ranked 3rd in the UK for business by the Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES 2019).
- Large choice of optional modules allows you to tailor your studies to match your interests.
- Gain substantial practical experience through a consultancy project or work placement.
- Get paid to work alongside an academic expert on a ‘live’ research project to help local SMEs bring innovative products and services to market quicker through Keele Research and Innovation Support Programme (KRISP).
- Creative approaches to develop your leadership and management skills have previously featured workshops the New Vic Theatre’s Borderlines, an award-winning initiative using theatre in social context.
- Relate your learning to the real-world through case studies and visits to businesses – on a previous field trip, students took a factory tour of Jaguar Land Rover to see lean manufacturing and corporate social responsibility in action.
- Our students go on to work in the public, private and third sector, for example, in education, local and central government.
*Please note that our students’ health and wellbeing is paramount, therefore contact and work-based activities have been adapted to include remote / virtual approaches, due to the global pandemic.
Bethany Edge, Management graduate
"The consultancy project not only provided me with invaluable ‘hands on’ experience in industry, but I also got paid for my expertise." - read more about Bethany Edge, Management graduate