Specifically designed for Medical Specialties. Interactive, participant-focused and provided by experts with experience in, and knowledge of, your particular challenges.
Our Keele Course aims to prepare you for the transition from training to independent specialist practice at consultant level, introducing you to contemporary concepts of leadership and management, as well as offering insights into the consultant appointment process. The course sessions are themed and linked to the Healthcare Leadership Model and the programme design includes interactive presentations from policy experts, personal development consultants and senior speakers.
Nationally recognised and specialty-specific, the two-day intensive courses have been designed for higher trainees and SAS doctors wishing to prepare for a Consultant position. This will support you in acquiring leadership and management skills, part of the curriculum requirements to complete your training.
Our ST courses focus on
- examining what leading and managing mean in the context of the Consultant role
- creating a sound understanding of how the NHS operates and is financed
- helping course members to prepare for successful interviews and their early years as a Consultant
- enhancing personal effectiveness through a menu of leadership and management skills and techniques.
- a working knowledge of NHS structure, policy and finance to support the early years as a Consultant
- greater proficiency in the key leadership and management skills required for effective practice
Previous course feedback
“Content was excellent and relevant to my learning needs.”
“Inspiring. I have heard and read very good reviews about Keele Leadership and Management courses, and now I have first hand experience of this. Excellent! Amazing faculty! It has been a great honour to attend their lectures! Extremely experienced and motivated people!”
“Overall well organised programme with a good balance of lectures and interactive sessions.”
“Very well organised with committed passionate speakers. Excellent venue and catering. Extremely conscientious course director committed to ensuring everyone’s learning needs were addressed.”