HEE-SW Specialty Trainees and Specialty Doctors
Keele Clinical Leadership and Management Course for HEE-SW Specialty Trainees and Specialty Doctors
Our course focuses on
- examining what leading and managing mean in the context of the Consultant role
- creating a sound understanding of how the NHS operates and is financed
- helping course members to prepare for successful interviews and their early years as a Consultant
- enhancing personal effectiveness through a menu of leadership and management skills and techniques.
- a working knowledge of NHS structure, policy and finance to support the early years as a Consultant
- greater proficiency in the key leadership and management skills required for effective practice
- confidence to apply successfully for a Consultant post.
Funding and Eligibility
Places for this course are fully funded by the HEE-SW Deanery for participants who fulfil the following criteria – places are issued on a first-come-first-served basis. Participants should:
• Work in an area covered by HEE-SW
• Be an ST5 or above, a GPST3 or above or a specialty doctor on the CESR pathway in your final, or penultimate, year of CESR completion
If you have any doubts or queries about your eligibility, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact the Professional Education and Development Team for Severn & Peninsula PGME for further clarification at email@example.com
Please note that HEE-SW will not reimburse your course fees if you choose to attend any other Keele Clinical Leadership and Management course.