Forest of Light route
This route starts and finishes by the Forest of Light and can be ran as either a 10.5 or 12.0 km route.
- Exit the campus by following University Drive.
- At exit turn right onto Keele Road before following the path to the left downhill and along Cemetery Road.
- At crossroads turn left along Silverdale Road and then keep left onto Mill Street/ High Street
- At roundabout turn left on to Pepper Street (B5044). You are now going to start climbing until you reach Keele.
- Take a left turn on to Quarry Bank Road. The formal road ceases after around 300 metres and you will see a gate infront of you. Go through the gate and stay on the path ( you are crossing the motorway) and join the road the other side of the bridge. You are now back in Keele.
- At junction of road cross over and run along Three Mile Road (you will see the Keele Drive entry to the University to your left) Take a left turn along Lymes Road (this is a gravel road and as such may get very wet and muddy). You will pass a farm drive on your left before coming across a cottage (on your left). Directly after this you will see two closed gates blocking a drive. Turn left and run up Chestnut Drive (uneven stones underfoot) and back into the university.
- At the top of the drive you will see a number of very large stones blocking the drive. Once through them, turn right and follow path to your right around Keele Hall. You will end up on Horwood Hall Road.
- Follow road around Plantation Park and back to junction of Horwood Hall Road before turning right on to Keele Hall Road. Upon reaching the Pay & Display car park entrance (adjacent to shops & Students Union) you can return to the Forest of Light - 6.5 miles.
- Should you like to run another mile then continue on along Barnes Road before turning left along The Covert. At T junction turn left along Keele Hall Road and back the car park entrance adjacent to the Forest of Light.