Out of hours support

If there’s ever something urgent that you need help with immediately, there are ways to get support during the night and over the weekend.

If you need to talk to someone when the Counselling and Mental Health Support Service is closed:

Campus Safety Team (including Out of Hours Support Officers in term time)

Phone +44 (0)1782 733999 

Out of Hours Residence Life Manager

Phone +44 (0)1782 733004 and ask to speak to an Out of Hours Residence Life Manager

Student Assistance Programme (Health Assured) - The helpline is available 24/7, 365 days a year

If you feel you need to talk to someone, we have an external Student Assistance Programme Health Assured and they are available 24/7.

Phone +44 0800 028 3766

External support services:

North Staffordshire Access Team (Harplands Hospital) - 24/7 mental health cover Phone +44 0800 0 328 728 (option 1)
For a medical emergency (a life-threatening situation), call an ambulance Phone 999
Visit an emergency department at a local hospital The closest is Royal Stoke: Accident & Emergency Department, Royal Stoke University Hospital, Newcastle Rd, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 6QG
When you need help fast, but it is NOT a life-threatening emergency Phone 111
Contact your own GP or out of hours GP support  

You can also access the NHS Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Wellbeing Service.

Darwin building, location of Campus Safety services.

Campus Safety and Out of Hours Support Officers

Our Campus Safety team are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year, and they are here for everyone on campus. During term-time, we also have a Residence Life Manager working throughout the night to help in times of crisis.

Phone: 01782 733999 (or 888 in an emergency)

Email: campussafety@keele.ac.uk (non-urgent enquiries)

In an event which requires the emergency services, please also phone 999. Find out more about Campus Safety at Keele.

Forest of Light at night


Please check-in using the App when you are on campus.

In just one tap, you can alert our Campus Safety team if you're ever in an emergency, need first aid, or some other sort of help.

Get SafeZone on Android
Get SafeZone on iOS

Find out more about SafeZone.

T-shirt with Resident Adviser and Keele Uni logo

Resident Advisers

If you live in halls, we have a team of students who can provide info and support, even during the night.

Find out more about the Resident Advisers in your halls.

Please contact them via the Campus Safety phone number above.

NeverOK logo

Sexual violence support

If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual violence, you can report this 24 hours a day, every day of the year.

If you or someone else is in danger, call 01782 733999 for on-campus safety support or 999 for the emergency services.

For specialist support, contact the local Sexual Assault Referral Centre - Grange Park.

You can report incidents of sexual violence to Staffordshire Police 24/7.

You can also use our dedicated email address for reporting sexual violence. This email address inbox access is restricted to a very small number of specially-trained staff: studentservices.svreporting@keele.ac.uk. Please note, this email address is only monitored during office hours.

For more general, non-urgent queries, you can also contact us on: student.services@keele.ac.uk