Personal Website: http://www.scm.keele.ac.uk/staff/f_polack/
Research and scholarship
My recent research is in the development and assurance of simulations of complex (biological) systems, for use alongside laboratory research (YCIL).
- model driven engineering support for simulation
- patterns for simulation development
- arguing fitness for purpose
My earlier research covered formal modelling (e.g. in Z and B):
- capturing the intent of diagrammatic models in formal models
- formal specification of information systems
- patterns and generics in Z
I have supervised successful PhD in many areas, including formal methods, security analysis, artificial immune systems, model driven engineering, CA emergence and course graining, search-based software engineering, hyperheuristic approaches to route planning.
- CSM-30016: Software engineering and project management
- CSM-20022: Software lifecycles and development